Skip to main content

Outer Banks 2013: Day 9, Saturday June 15th

6:00 AM
We woke up early this morning so me and mom could walk down to the beach and watch the sunrise :)

7:00 AM
Just got back :) we found a lot of really pretty seashells and watched the sunrise behind buildings/over the water ;) 

Now we are getting ready to leave and finishing up our repacking. I got most of my stuff packed up last night, but I have a few things left. I just had breakfast, a Krispy Kreme Doughnut again :)

9:00 AM
Finished packing any getting ready, we just loaded the car, and we are now ready to go! We are on our way up the Outer Banks today, but first we are going to stop off at Emerald Plantation again :)

11:00 AM
We just left Emerald Plantation, and now we are on our way off the Island :( We are heading up the coast to the Roanoke Aquarium, and then on over the Kill Devil Hills to stay a few nights!

4:00 PM
Well instead of going straight to Kill Devil Hills, we ended up stopping at a shopping center in Morehead city... Which kind of messes up our plans to go to the Aquarium today, but who cares! I got to go shopping :) We went to Ross and TJ-Maxx, and then I found an Ulta and I used the rest of an old gift card, and of course we had to hit up a Walmart while we were there! ;) We let my little brother pick where to have lunch, so we ended up at a McDonalds -_-

7:00 PM
At this moment we are driving throught Kill Devil Hills and Nags head looking for our hotel, and I am hungry! ;) I have read and slept for four hours and I am ready to get out of this car and do something! :)

9:00 PM
We ended up eating at Applebees, which was good :) Me and mom shared a three way sampler platter. It had Spinach Dip, Quezon Dip, and Cheeseburger Sliders. This is the first night that we ordered a dessert and ohhhhh my gosh! It was so good! It was Cheesecake filled fried tortillas that had been rolled in cinnamon sugar, and served with cooked apple and ice cream... We ordered it to share but I could have eaten the whole thing by myself!!

11:00 PM
We are back at our hotel and we are all tukered out! The hotel is nice, just a basic hotel room :) well I think I am going to bed... 'night guys! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...