Skip to main content

Outer Banks 2013: Day 5, Tuesday June 11th

9:00 AM
Just woke up :) I am learning to sleep straight through my brother waking up at ungodly times ;) We made a run to Food Lion again last night to get some more of the Blueberry Cream Cheese muffins for Breakfast, so I had one of those. I think I am in love! They are just amazing :)
The more I look the more places I find on me that are sunburned! We decided to spend the day off of the beach today, so maybe it will feel better by tomorrow :)

10:10 AM
I know I don't usually do favorites posts or anything, so can I add a small one into here? It is the L'oreal Magic Skin BB Cream. 
I had never really fallen into the BB Cream craze because I have oily skin and it just sounded like a tinted moisturizer. My mom bought this one and I just decided to try it, I love it! It has a very matte finish, so it is perfect for me :) My only issue with it is that my mom got the medium shade and I think it might be a little dark/orange-y on me. But either way, it is a great product :)
Now that that little rave is over, we are on our way to the Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium! :)


1:10 PM
Just got out of the Aquarium! I love that place :) All of the fish just look so pretty :)


Otters are my favorite :)




Something left a trail...

NC's official bird -_-





My favorite animal at the aquarium :) This poor little turtle has to many problems to count!

Elijah taking care of his turtle :)

And now we are off to Dairy Queen for lunch! That is one of the higjlights of coming to Emerald Isle, because we don't have one at home and we love it! :)

2:45 PM
Just got out of Dairy Queen! I had a Chicken wrap with fries, and for desert I had a s'mores blizzard.  

Ohhhhhhhh my gosh guys, it was so good!! It had gram crackers and pieces of marshmallow filled chocolates. I want another one this week definitely :) We just crossed over to the mainland, getting ready to go bowling at Mac Daddy's! :)

4:00 PM
Just finished bowling! 



...and I came in dead last

...and fell on my butt. I blame these ugly shoes!
Now we are headed to the Emerald Plantation Shopping center! :)

7:00 PM
Just left Emerald Plantation! They have a lot of cute stores, that aren't neccesarly chain stores. One of my favorite ones to go to is the Country Store, because it has rows and rows of tacky beach junk ;) But I did buy stuff there, so apparently I like tacky beach junk! :) They also have a combination Candy Store and Toy Store, so I got some candy :) They are one of the candy stores that have bins of the "old" candy, and I always like those :) Now we are on our way to go eat at Port of Call! :)

8:30 PM
Just finished dinner! :) I had "Burried Treasure" which is just potato wedges with cheese, bacon, and onions :)
They were good, but I got full quick! :) I really liked that we got to sit beside the window and watch the sun set while we ate, which was pretty :)
Now we are on our way to play putt-putt golf again!

10:15 PM
Just finished playing at the Lighthouse, which was a lot of fun :)
I am the only one out of my family who has yet to get a hole in one... I need to work on that ;)

1:00 AM
Wow... this is the latest I've stayed up in a while! Once again, I got caught up in reading :) Well I think I am going to keep tonight's farewell short and simple, because I am tired! Goodnight everyone, love you all :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

2018 Recap Part Two (August-December)

(If you missed Part One, January-July, you can find it here! ) August We kicked August off with a bang and dove right into another vacation, this time to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!  We started our trip with another aquarium, and a few nights at this gorgeous little Bed and Breakfast in Manteo. While there we also had the opportunity to see The Lost Colony outdoor Drama.  I highly recommend, it was amazing! But be warned, Manteo breeds a different kind of mosquito than everywhere else, and they WILL just pick you up and carry you away! My mom and I were just dying to see the Ocean even though the island we were currently on was landlocked and Dad had just told us to be patient and wait until we got to our Condo a few days later.  We didn't listen, and after shopping one night we took the car down to a public entrance to see the sunset and feel the sand between our toes.  It did not disappoint!  Until I got squared by a wave... Decisions regretted, Ou