Skip to main content

Outer Banks 2013: Day 7, Thursday June 13th

10:30 AM
Goodmorning everybody! I have been up since 8 this morning, but just now got the chance to write! We have been pretty busy getting ready this morning, because today we are going to Cape Lookout! It is an uninhabited island in the OBX, with a lighthouse on it. It is sooo pretty, and has some of the biggest seashells I have ever seen! We are driving through Harkers Island right now to get to the ferry that will give us a ride over. Our directions for getting to the ferry was to drive until we ran out of land, and that is where they would be :) It might be a while before I post again, but when I do I will have a yon of pictures!!
Other than that It has been a fairly uneventful morning so far. But guess what I had for breakfast! For once, not a muffin! I had a Krispy Kream doughnut :) I am such a healthy eater ;)


4:30 PM
Just got off of the Island! We had so much fun :) The very first thing the "Captain" said when we got on the boat was
"I am saying this because the Coast Guard makes me... If the boat happens to sink for some reason, we will drop the life jackets, just don't panic! The best way to avoid drowning, is to just stand up... The water is about three feet deep all the way across. The only way you could drown is if you just refuse to stand up..."



 Elijah looking out the window :)

The old Oil House

Aren't my parents cute :)



The Keepers house


Elijah swimming



Barnacles on a pole


Gah... I feel icky sticky nasty sandy yucky GROSS!

6:00 PM
We decided to go back to Beaufort and visit a few of the shops we missed the other day. Once again, I got another book. But this time it was against my will... My school has Summer Reading work and I have to read The Scarlet Letter... woo hoo...

8:00 PM
Tonight we decided to eat at the Clam Digger Inn. It was ok, not amazing. I had Chicken Parmesan  Now we are on our way to play Putt-putt one last time!

9:00 PM
Finished playing at Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf, which was very fun :)
 I finally got a hole in one! Everyone in my family (including my eight year old brother) had gotten one this week except me, and I finally did! :)

10:30 PM
I am absolutely wiped out... I have been updating and checking and fixing and reading and I am about to fall over! It has been a very long and tiring day, so I think I am going to bid you all Goodnight and talk to toy tomorrow! Love you all! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona