Skip to main content

Outer Banks 2013: Day 3, Sunday June 9th

8:20 AM
...It is 8:20 in the morning. Let me say that one more time, I went to bed at 1 AM last night and IT IS 8:20 IN THE MORNING!!!! If you thought my little brother getting up at 8:30 yesterday was bad you should have seen him today! 6:30!!!!!!! He woke up at 6 #*#&#*@ 30!!!!! Well I am just kidding... kind of ;) But seriously though, who does that?
Well today might be a little bit of a boring day for you all, bit I am sooooo excited! We are finally going down to the beach today!! I can't wait!

10:30 AM
Just got all sunscreaned up and ready for the beach! Not a whole lot has happened since I woke up mad at the world this morning ;) I had a blueberry cream cheese muffin for breakfast (I like muffins lately...) and I got to eat it out on the deck of our condo while I finished my book! 
We haven't even made it down to the beach yet and I am already loving this vacation! :)

2:10 PM
Just finished lunch! Getting ready to head back down to the beach soon! :)

7:15 PM
Well we finally came in from the beach! We came back to the condo from the swimming pool at around 6:15, and since then have been getting ready to do out to eat
At the beach today we threw the football, went on a walk to find seashells, and laid in the sun :) 

We also found sand fleas! 
They are little crabs (with no pinchers) that look like over grow fleas.
 I attempted to take my boogie board out into the ocean and ride the waves but, because of the tropical storm, we have really chopy waves and it is hard to get a good ride.
Check back with you all later!

9:30 PM
Just finished having dinner at Flippers! I had Spinach Artichoke Dip... which was just ok. 

Now we are on our way to play putt-putt golf at The Emerald Forest!

mom golfing :)

10:40 PM
Finally made it back to the condo and man 'o man has it been a long day! We stayed down at the beach for a few hours, came back to the condo to eat lunch, went back down to the beach for around three more hours, went to the pool for an hour, came back to the condo, got ready, went out to eat, played putt-putt, and then here we are now! :)
Right now we are all chilling in the living room of our condo while watching the Karate Kid and eating oreos :)
Oh just by the way, I got fried today! Obviously I am not good at putting on sunscreen... I have little strips and spots all over me that I missed, but the biggest one? I missed the whole backside of my legs... No. Joke. Oh well, maybe I will just get tan :)


12:25 AM
Just wanted to get back on really quick and tell you all goodnight and I love you! :) Sleep tight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...