Skip to main content

Outer Banks 2013: Day 11, Monday June 17th

9:00 AM
Well we had to wake up early this morning... Since Elijah was sick yesterday we missed a lot of what we were going to do, and had to try and fit it all in in two days instead of three. But missing that day was worth it because he feels so much better today :) We had waffles again foe breakfast this morning, which were just as good as the day before. Now we are driving across the road to the Wright Brothers Memorial.

11:00 AM
We just left the Memorial/museum!
See, he is feeling much better :)

Remake of the first plane

Markers depicting the flight distances, see that one way off in the distance? :)

The Wright Brother's Memorial
Now we are on our way to Currituck Lighthouse!

12:30 PM
We de decided to stop for lunch at a place in Duck called Route 12.
 We know about it because it was featured on the Tv show Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. I had Chicken Tenders and fries, which were very good :)

4:00 PM
We just left Currituck Lighthouse, the Wildlife Center, and The Whalehead Club.

For something that was built to be purely functional, it has some pretty iron work :)



The Whalehead club from the top of Currituck

Oh wow... That's High up!

Like the pretty Iron Work, why does it need these beautiful glass windows? 

I asked them to smile at me... This is what I get -_-

Duck Decoy at the Wildlife Center


Elijah pretending to be the captain of a boat :)

Not decoys, real ducks ;)

The Whalehead Club

We sat out on the "veranda" and looked out upon the sound
Daddy said he felt like he was rich ;)

Aren't my parents adorable :)

Now we are on our way back to Duck to do some shopping :)

7:00 PM
We just left the shopping center! I didn't get anything, but I did get this humungo snow cone!
It was huge!!!
Now we are heading out to eat!

9:00 PM
Tonight, our last night, we ate at the Sugarshack where I had Bacon and Cheese filled Potato Skins. Once again we got to watch the sun set while we ate which was very pretty :)

 We were planning on playing Putt-putt one last time before vacation ended, but it is raining :( So instead we are making another trip back to Kitty Hawk Kites! :)

11:30 PM
Made it back to the room finally :) At Kitty Hawk Kites Elijah got to pick out a toy, so he picked this set where you build a straw... It sounded kind of weird, until I saw him do it :)
Now I think it is pretty awesome :)
We have been working on repacking up all of our suitcases again and we just finished! So I would say it is time to go to bed. Goodnight everyone! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...