Skip to main content

Be Mine... Kissable Lip Routine

I thought this was a kind of unique post, but also a great way to kick off Beach Babe's Be Maine Valentine's Day Series! I mean, you can't have a Valentines Day without soft kissable lips! Even if you don't have a Valentine this year, you don't want to be caught by surprise! ;)

First thing i do (and the very first thing you all should do!) is start out by exfoliating your lips! Before I use a Lip Scrub, I run warm water over a washcloth, wring it out, and rub my lips with this. Next I take a lip scrub (if you would like to know what I use check out this link here, but any kind you prefer will work). I use the washcloth on my lips first so that they will be more open to absorb the benefits of the Scrub. Lastly, I apply some of the lip scrub to a clean toothbrush and use this on my lips. Grab the washcloth once again and wipe the scrub and crystals away! :)

The next thing you should do in your kissable lips routine, is apply a lip balm. My favorites are the eos Summer Fruit, the Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched, or the Bert's Bees Mango butter chapstick.

Next, the lip color. I think the best option (especially on a day you might get kissed!) is a Lipstain. I like the Covergirl Outlast Lipstain personally. After you have applied that you could apply a lipstick or a lipgloss on top, but I don't really like that idea. If you do end up getting kissed you don't want to end up with that sticky stuff all over his (and your) face! If you insist on some type of top coat, I suggest a tinted lip balm similar to the Baby Lips. I like the Peach Kiss on top because of the flavor, but another great option is to go back to the basics and try one of the many flavors of Lip Smackers!

Now to make your lips look larger, without a lip plumper... because those hurt. First you need a brown eyeliner. We are going to make a small line with this at the edge of your bottom lip, don't forget to blend it out! This gives the illusion of a shadow with makes your bottom lip look huge! The next step is to find a shimmery white eyeshadow. We are going to apply this first to your cupids bow, to enlarge your upper lip, to match you bottom. And then to the center of your upper and bottom lip, wich gives a reverse ombre effect. The white eyeshadow reflects light and... I think you get the idea :)

I hope this works as well for you as it does for me, and who knows? Maybe your significant other will show you just how much they appreciate it ;)
:*
If you want to see all of the posts in the "Be Mine" series, click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...