Skip to main content

Disney 2016: Day 11

1:50 p.m.
Hello everyone! As you can see, it's a bit of a later start today... We woke up around 10:30 and have just laid around the room for a while watching the Olympics!  Animal Kingdom is a hard park day with the hotter temperatures and large amount of walking, so we needed a break.  I tried to make leaving this weekend a little easier by organizing and packing up my suitcase, as well as working on some blog posts.

6:15 p.m.
Compared to every other day, today must seem incredibly boring! I went down to the food court at our resort by myself for a later lunch around 2, and it was surprisingly very nice!  I took a magazine and just chilled by myself for the first time since this vacation began.

I had the same thing as the other day, a turkey sandwich with fruit, chips, and an apple turnover. We are having an extremely large supper late tonight, and we have eaten a lot of heavy meals recently, so it was good to have something simple.

Since last updating you I've pretty much just laid beside the pool, explored our resort, and helped mom with some laundry.  But I found this Coke can very fitting.

9:00 p.m.
Time for dinner at Ohana's!  It is always one of our favorite meals, even though I feel like I've said that quite a bit during this trip.  It is all you can eat, family style.  It is also really nice because we can watch the fireworks from the windows with the music piped in!

Waiters come around with platters of food and skewers of meat the entire time you are there, and everything is amazing!

Dessert might honestly be the best part though.  It is banana bread pudding with caramel and ice cream.  I don't like bread pudding, and this is soooo good!



11:00 p.m.
Dinner was amazing... And it made it even more amazing that we got to watch Wishes from our table beside the window! I think my favorite times watching Wishes on this trip so far have been outside of the park from the Polynesian hotel!

Also, I finished my canvas tonight! I had a canvas that had "Family" written across it, and while in Epcot I had each of the countries write "family" in their languages! As an afterthought I brought it to the Polynesian tonight and had them write it in Hawaiian. It is so cute!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona