Skip to main content

Disney 2016: Beach Days 1 and 2

Day 1

3:40 a.m.
It's DISNEY DAY!

We are currently headed to Daytona beach for two nights before the Disney vacation part begins, and then we will be in Disney from the 31st to the 11th of August!

I set not one but two alarms to get up this morning so we could leave by 3, and still did not get up until late... They didn't even phase me with two hours of sleep!

The plan to day is basically just driving aaaaaaall day... But it's all worth it for Disney!

6:35 a.m.
We just stopped at a rest stop somewhere in South Carolina! Now we are back on the road and headed to a Cracker Barrel on the other side of Colombia, South Carolina. It is a tradition that we always stop and have breakfast there on the way to vacation, and we aren't breaking it now!


We got to see the prettiest sunrise while we were stopped!

9:00 a.m.
Cracker Barrel time!

2:25 p.m.
It's been a while since I last checked in, but truthfully not much has happened… We stopped at a gross rest stop in Georgia, and then drove a few more hours. Around 1 we stopped at the official Florida visitors center, which is always fun to do! 


I picked up a few more Disney brochures that I didn't need, and baby cups of orange juice!

Now we are back to driving...

3:45 p.m.
12 hours later, we are here!


Dad wouldn't really tell us where we were staying, and it turned out he had gotten us a really nice resort in Daytona!

Here is the bedroom...

And the kitchen...

And the gorgeous view from our Balcony!!

7:45 p.m.
Since getting here we have unpacked, been to the beach, showered, and now we are on our way to eat.

We decided to come on in from the beach because this big storm was rolling in... Kind of scary, but also gorgeous.

9:45 p.m.
We ate at I-Hop...  But it's ok! Because here we are, 18 hours later, about to go to bed on the first night of our two week vacation!


Day 2

10:40
Good morning! We have been up for about two hours now and are just about ready to go to the beach! We woke up late and had a leisurely morning getting ready and having Breakfast at our resort, now we are headed down to the beach!

3:00 p.m.
This has been the most chill day... We went to the pool around 12:30 and then up to our room for lunch about 1:00. After lunch we've just been sitting on the beach and playing in the ocean!


Mom went into the Happy Hour at our hotel and asked for two "pink virgin fruity fizzy things."  I was pretty happy about it!

I love my floppy hat <3

Have to read up on Disney before we get there!  The water kept coming up higher and higher to my chair and towels!


7:45 p.m.
We came in from the beach about 6:30 and since then have been getting ready to go out and eat!

9:15 p.m.
We picked Crabby Joe’s in Daytona! I had clam strips with mashed potatoes, which is pretty much the only seafood I eat, and it was pretty great!

11:15 p.m.

We are back at the hotel and just chilling before bed. I know today was pretty boring and uneventful, but tomorrow we are off to Disney!



Thank you all so much for reading! I thought it would be fun to have a little summer Disney sun to brighten up snowy winter day!  If you miss any of the coming days you can go to the Disney 2016 tag to see the full series!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Quick Website Rave!

Ok! This is the first time I've ever done this but I need you to listen to me and then go visit this awesome website! Most of you have probably heard of it before (I'm just slightly behind) it is called Etsy.com ! I just happened upon it last night through another website ( www.thisiswhyimbroke.com ) and I am now IN LOVE! I was so much in love that I have already placed my first order!  I ordered from  Mardi Robyn's  shop. She was in the middle of her black Friday sale and I got four pairs of earrings and two iPhone Earjack Dust Plugs for Christmas Presents.  Take a look! Now guess how much it all costed... Come on do it... You will never get it! $9.50! Thats right six Christmas Presents for under ten bucks!  Cha-Ching!! :) The next amazing shop I found is one by  NiciLaskin . I havent ordered from her yet but I definitely plan on it! I have contacted her and asked questions multiple times in the past two days an...