Skip to main content

Disney 2016: Day 5

8:00 a.m.
Good morning everyone!
This morning we are off to The Magic Kingdom, the epitome of all things Disney!!

Today I am wearing a Del Sol Minnie Mouse shirt, Nike shorts, Teva Sandals, Glitter Minnie Ears from Etsy/Jane, and have my hair in a braid.

1:45
So it's been quite a while since I checked in... But as hard as we went trying to make it to all the rides
yesterday morning, we have probably went even harder today!

This morning we rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain twice in the first half hour! Since then we've ridden Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin's Magic Carpets, the Haunted Mansion, and eaten a Dole Whip!

At the moment we just sat down for lunch at Be Our Guest! I had the Croquet Missoure with fries. 

For dessert we shared a Chocolate cupcake, a cupcake with the Grey Stuff (!!), and a Raspberry Lemon Crème Puff.

We were very tired by the time we reached Be Our Guest, so we took our sweet time with lunch and dessert, sat around and had coffee, and walked around to all of the rooms in the restaurant (which is totally permitted at Disney). Want a tour?

There are three themed rooms at Be Our Guest.  The room we sat in this time is set up like a life sized music box which Maurice made for Belle and the Beast.  It has their two figures rotating in the center of the room, and the walls are covered in "family pictures."  This is the least popular room, but personally I love it because it is well lit, quiet, and truly beautiful.

The second themed room is the West Wing with the rose.  It is very dimly lit and there are "storms" every so often when a petal falls.  This room is the most popular, so we've never gotten to sit in here.

Beast's picture is also on the wall, torn like in the movie.  During the "storms" his face changes from human to beast.

These are the Chandeliers in the middle main room.  There is a balcony overlooking the room where Beast comes out to welcome guests during dinner.  Opposite the balcony there is a floor to ceiling "window" where you can watch the snowfall "outside."  This is a cool room, but is the most expansive and loud.

We stayed so long they began setting up for dinner!  At lunch this restaurant is considered Quick Service, even though you have to make reservations and it is sit down.  It is completely different at dinner!  It becomes a very fancy table service restaurant with food I can't even pronounce!  But I thought the place settings were adorable, the napkins are roses!

Even the outside is beautiful, this is the sign on the bridge.

And finally, these are the big entrance doors.  When you hang out at the restaurant so long you can get a picture with nobody in the way!

4:05 p.m.
We are about to use our fastpasses for The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Rollercoaster! After lunch we rode Peter Pan with a fastpass, and watched Philharmagic!

We were also able to squeeze in a trip to Enchanted Tales with Belle, which is like an interactive meet and greet for the little kids with Belle and all of her animatronic friends who move and talk!

6:35 p.m.
Currently admiring the Castle and waiting for our Voyage of the Little Mermaid fastpass...

Aren't my mommy and I cute?

Honestly, I was very proud of this picture, very Pinterest-esque.

8:00 p.m.
We just sat down for a snack at Gaston's Tavern after riding Voyage of The Little Mermaid, and Winnie the Pooh!

We had a cinnamon roll and Le Fou's brew! Sadly the lighting is quite terrible, but the snacks and drinks are great!

I love the barrels on the wall made to look like they are holding Le Fou's Brew.  Which, by the way, is like an apple icy with a hint of toasted marshmallow and passion fruit foam.

9:30 p.m.
We found a spot for the fireworks!

After our snac,k I lucked out and found a fastpass to see The Little Mermaid and was able to walk in with no wait!
She was so sweet.  She invited he to her up and coming concert, and said she would send her dolphins to pick me up!

After Ariel we also visited Storybook Circus, which is like a circus tent with souvenirs.

Look at the cute little candy apples I found there!  I was crazy over these, I couldn't believe it!

12:55 a.m.
So after the fireworks we went to eat at Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland.  It was nothing impressive, just chicken tenders. After dinner, we rode Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, and used a fastpass we'd made for Space Mountain to finish out the night. That made for a grand total of EIGHT fastpasses me made today and you are only allowed to make three ahead of time!

My brother won one of those fastpasses by playing through a pirate scavenger hunt around Adventureland, and then won a couple more sets we used the next days in Magic Kingdom.  The other four bonus fastpasses we planned out and made ourselves through the Disney app! 

Currently we are waiting for the tram to go to the parking lot.  I am going to go ahead and end today's journeys right here. It's my favorite and it's been fun, but I'm killed!



Thank you all so much for reading! I thought it would be fun to have a little summer Disney sun to brighten up snowy winter days!  If you missed yesterday you can see Day 4 here, or go to the Disney 2016 tag to see the full series!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

January Love With Food Subscription Box

(Stay tuned for a special Valentine's giveaway towards the end of this post!) So after searching around on  My Subscription Addiction  for a subscription box to try out for free or on the cheap to see if I liked it, I found this Love with Food box! They had a promotion going where the first month was free (except for shipping), so for all of this I paid $2! The first thing I found upon opening my box was this pamphlet giving a description of all of the products inside! Isn't it cute?? It says... "What does 2015 have in store? All good things! While now's the time for New Year's Resolutions and looking foreword, give yourself a little love for what you have already achieved. With the purchase of this box, you helped to feed a hungry child. If that's not a great way to start off the New Year, we're not sure what is!" And this was what I saw after moving all of the paper... The first thing on top was Breakfast in Paris Black T