Skip to main content

Dirty Myrtle 2017: Day 8


8:00
It's the last day 😢 The intention this morning was to get up and go for a sunrise walk on the beach, but we were both dead tired so that sunrise walk turned into just a walk, which I am honestly ok with!  


Rockin' last night's lipstick...

But we found seashells and sharks teeth!

Bye beach...

10:00
In about an hour we cleaned up from our walk, got ready, finished packing, and loaded the car to head home… Pretty impressive timing though! How about a room tour before we leave?
This was the entryway 

Which led into the kitchen

And then the living room!  We literally barely moved from these recliners this week

Then there was our bedroom.

And the interesting bathroom... It had one sink connected to a room with a shower and toilet, and one with just a toilet.

See what I mean?

And then it was like a hallway into our bedroom!

And our kinda sad pool we never really used, we used another hotel's...

Now we are headed to Paula Deen's for breakfast! 

11:45
Lunch was good, but breakfast is the best… 


We had breakfast casserole, bananas foster french toast, biscuits and gravy, the best bacon in the world, fried potatoes, and pigs in a blanket! 

But the cinnamon roll they give you is still the best

After lunch we decided to walk around Broadway at the Beach for a bit (and maybe walk off some of our lunch…) 

But now sadly, it is time to leave 😢 

2:30
Just stopped at a rest stop and are switching drivers… I can't handle anymore! 



6:00
We made it to about half an hour from home and were starving and running out of gas, so we had to make another stop! 
We ate a quick dinner at Sonic, filled up the car and are about to get back on the road.

8:45
Well I've been home a little while now… It is sad that the trip we have planned and pined over is already gone, but it is good to be home. We had an amazing time together just chilling, shopping, chatting, and catching up on sleep! Our condo and the owner were amazing, and we couldn't have asked for better. The food was great, and most of all, the beach was amazing.  

But as I said, it is also good to be home. Sadly, there were some scary things that happened to occur on this vacation as well. During the weekend there were multiple shootings in Myrtle Beach. Though they were not immediately close to us, they were on 4th Avenue and we were on 76th, which is close enough. We also realized later that we had driven through the exact location of one of the shootings only hours before it occurred. Our old lady ways of being in early paid off for us, but others weren't so lucky. I don't mean to end on such a sad note, but no matter your age you should take this as a learning experience and always be careful and cautious of your surroundings. We were extremely careful and still ended up too close for comfort. Let our thoughts and prayers be with all those who were hurt or who had to witness it. Peace and love to you all❤️ 


I would like to think you all who read and came on this vacation with us. I so enjoy relaying my days to you all in this fashion, so I hope you enjoy it as well! I hope you are having wonderful summers wherever you are! Much love! 

Want to see the rest of the series?  You can find them here...
Day 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

2018 Recap Part Two (August-December)

(If you missed Part One, January-July, you can find it here! ) August We kicked August off with a bang and dove right into another vacation, this time to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!  We started our trip with another aquarium, and a few nights at this gorgeous little Bed and Breakfast in Manteo. While there we also had the opportunity to see The Lost Colony outdoor Drama.  I highly recommend, it was amazing! But be warned, Manteo breeds a different kind of mosquito than everywhere else, and they WILL just pick you up and carry you away! My mom and I were just dying to see the Ocean even though the island we were currently on was landlocked and Dad had just told us to be patient and wait until we got to our Condo a few days later.  We didn't listen, and after shopping one night we took the car down to a public entrance to see the sunset and feel the sand between our toes.  It did not disappoint!  Until I got squared by a wave... Decisions regretted, Ou