Skip to main content

Dirty Myrtle: Days 6 and 7

Day 6

12:00
Hello everyone! I just sat my butt down on the beach, and this is a little late for even us!  


This morning Kaitlyn suggested walking to the Starbucks down the road, and who was I to turn her down? 

After that little endeavor we came back to put sunscreen on, and headed out to the beach! We are cooking in tonight, so we can stay out later since we don't have to dress up! Also update, thankfully the sunburns on our butts have faded out and aren't as painful 😂

4:55
So we ended up going in for lunch around 2:00 and had leftovers again, but then something exciting happened… I got to FaceTime my boyfriend! He is currently on a study abroad trip in Africa doing clinical shadowing in a hospital in Zambia. He has only been gone about a week so far, but I haven't gotten to talk to him very much, so I was really happy about that! 


Pretty awesome view while talking to him too!

7:00
We are cooking dinner again tonight! We are having chicken Alfredo with roasted tomatoes and salad. 

12:00

We ended up spending a few hours in the pool and hot tub enjoying some of our last days here. This counts as staying up late right?


Day 7

11:00
Good morning everyone! I went and got doughnuts again… we are going to gain a million pounds by the end of this trip. 

12:00
Time for a lunch of leftovers!
Aren't we cute and matchy?

Am I an Instagram model yet with my fuzzy hair and patchy sunburn?

6:35
Headed out to dinner! 

My outfit: shirt and shorts are both American Eagle, and my bralette is Aerie… not much variety today huh? 

Kaitlyn's outfit: Shirt is from Target 

8:50
More Tangers shopping! 

We had seafood for dinner at a little hole in the wall type place. I had calamari and Kaitlyn had crab legs!

Can you tell she is excited about them?

10:30
We just made it back from shopping… this is probably the latest we've stayed out yet! Of course it would be so we could waste more money… 

1:00
Wow… we finally broke our old lady streak to stay up late! Aren't you proud of us?? 


We made strawberry slushies and went down to the pool for a few hours, and then came back up to our condo to enjoy the last fleeting moments of this vacation 😢 


Want to see the rest of the series?  You can find them here...
Day 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries