Skip to main content

Apple Spice Cupcakes

Ok... This is my new favorite go to fall/winter recipe! They are a huge hit wherever you take them! :)

Apple Spice Cupcakes
makes 18 cupcakes
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 small apples, chopped into fine pieces (about 1.5 cups)
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line muffin pan with baking cups. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, sugars, milk, and vanilla until completely smooth.  Set aside.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Slowly add the wet ingredients and stir until JUST combined.  Do not overmix. Slowly mix in the apples.
Fill each baking cup about 2/3 full and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Mine took 22 minutes.  Allow to cool and frost.
Salted Caramel Frosting
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
While the cupcakes are cooling, melt the butter in a small saucepan.  Once melted, add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add salt.  Allow to bubble for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool. Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency.  Frost cooled cupcakes and adorn with caramel sauce and sprinkles.
http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/09/16/apple-spice-cupcakes-with-salted-caramel-frosting/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

January Love With Food Subscription Box

(Stay tuned for a special Valentine's giveaway towards the end of this post!) So after searching around on  My Subscription Addiction  for a subscription box to try out for free or on the cheap to see if I liked it, I found this Love with Food box! They had a promotion going where the first month was free (except for shipping), so for all of this I paid $2! The first thing I found upon opening my box was this pamphlet giving a description of all of the products inside! Isn't it cute?? It says... "What does 2015 have in store? All good things! While now's the time for New Year's Resolutions and looking foreword, give yourself a little love for what you have already achieved. With the purchase of this box, you helped to feed a hungry child. If that's not a great way to start off the New Year, we're not sure what is!" And this was what I saw after moving all of the paper... The first thing on top was Breakfast in Paris Black T

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!