Skip to main content

Summer Essentials: Makeup Bags

This is the first of a new series called the "Summer Essentials"! 
Enjoy! :)
So... when you are going somewhere on vacation you can't just carry all of your makeup around in your hands, I mean who does that! We've got to pack in style!
I found quite a few different makeup bag, case, and organizer options, and most are at relatively cheap prices!
Check them out and find the one that is perfect for you!! :)

1.
This is a small sequined cloth bag with a zipper top. Cloth is less structured and is more apt to absorb spills, but you can also just toss it into the washing machine when it gets dirty. 
This would be a bag I would stick into my purse for the day or for an overnight trip.
It's dimensions are 7" High x 10" Wide x 2" Deep
It comes in Blue and White, Black and White, and Pink and Black.



2.
This is a larger striped cosmetic bag with a handle, the top zips around to flip back. It is coated so if you spill something on it, it should wipe off pretty easily.
I would use this for week long trips perhaps? Since this type of bag lacks organizational aspects, they aren't my favorite.
It comes in Pink and Black, Baby Pink and White, and Neon Pink and White.
It's dimensions are 4.5" High x 8.0" Wide x 7" Deep


3.
This is a brush roll. You use it to organize your brushes so the bristles don't get bent and they are used to prevent unwanted bacteria from growing on them.
I use one smaller than this and it works well for me, but they also make them much larger as well
It comes in Black Ikat and Plum Mini Dot. It can be personalized.
It's dimensions are (Open) 13.5" wide x 8" deep x 2.5" high
On sale for $14.99 at www.pbteen.com/Make-Up_Brush_Roll

4.
This is a more structured version of the first option. It also has a coating for easy clean up after spills.
I like this version of cosmetic bags especially for weekend trips. It's easy to pack, small, but also large enough to fit all I need.
It comes in Pink and Black, Neon Pink and White, and Baby Pink and White.
It's dimensions are 4.5" High x 7" Wide x 3" Deep


5.
A clear bag with a zip top and a zippered front pocket. Similar to the first option in size, but with better structure. Easy wip off cleaning.
I am not a big fan of these because they are see through, but they still work just as well.
It comes in Clear with Black Trim only.
It's dimensions are 4.25 long x 9.25 wide x 5.5 high

6.
This is very similar to option number two, only it isn't as deep and it doesn't have a handle. It can be wiped clean.
My feelings on this are basically the same as option two. This would be a better to sit on your makeup counter than travel with.
It comes in Pink and Black and Tan and Black
It's dimensions are 3.35" High x 7" Wide x 7" Long


                                                              7.
This is a makeup organizer, rather than a makeup bag. When you open the lid the compartments fold out and display all of the makeup you have stored inside. It is made out of hard plastic.
I would use this at home rather than on a trip, but I have seen some people who prefer to use these because it keeps them more organized. Whatever your preference.
It comes in multiple colors

8.
This is similar to the other smaller makeup bags I have shown you, just a different look. Not coated but still can be wiped clean.
I wouldn't normally use this type of bag because of it's odd shape.
It comes in Black with Pink Trim
It's dimensions are 3.5" High x 7.5" Wide x 3.4" Deep




9.
This bag has two compartments, a zippered top and a zip around bottom. In the bottom there is a brush organizer and a mirror. Not coated but can be wiped clean.
I think this looks amazing! Plenty of room and organizational compartments. Pretty awesome!
It only comes in Pink, on this website anyway.




10.
This is a hanging organizer. It rolls up, similar to the way a brush roll does, so it is more compact. It has multiple compartments for easy organization.
This is what I am using at the moment to carry all of my toiletries. I have two rolls, one for toiletries and one for accessories and makeup. Love it! 
On this website it only comes in Zebra
It's dimensions are 1.1 long x 4.0 wide x 6.4 high


I know there are many many more types of cosmetic bags that I didn't talk about, but these are some of the most popular (and prettiest!) ones I found. You can find many more great options at www.claires.com, www.target.com, www.drugstore.com, www.walmart.com, www.forever21.com or if you know a Thirty-One consultant I suggest checking out their catalog, that's where I got my favorite makeup bag!
I hope this helps out! :)
It you want to see the whole series of "Summer Essentials" posts, click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...