Skip to main content

Degusta Box: October

I hadn't ever heard of this subscription box until I received an email about a promotion they were having.  This is a $19.99 subscription box, but they were offering a special discount for $6.99 plus two free gifts!  I figured, why not give it a try?


It came in a HUGE heavy box!  Inside it was wrapped with a cute little sticker, and everything even moderately breakable was packaged in bubble wrap.  I was immediately impressed.  

I thought I'd show the two sweet little extra gifts they sent me first...

You can't tell as much in this picture, but this is a quite large bag of mini cow tales! 

They also sent me a bag of Haribo sour gummy bears.  I am not a big Haribo fan, but these seem similar to Sour Patch Kids, which I love, so maybe they will be good!  I can't really complain too much anyway since they were a free gift with the box!  And candy! Perfect for Halloween.

Now let's get into the actual products in the box.  It came with nine different things, but a few of products came in multiples!

The first thing I pulled out, fully bubble wrapped, was this Sharwood's Tikka Masala sauce.  It is a Indian simmer sauce.  I have heard about Tikka Masala sauce many times on food network, but never tried or attempted to make it before.  Pretty excited!  This is valued at $4.99.

This is Brianna's Home Style Poppy Seed Dressing, and is made to be used as a traditional salad dressing, or as the main dressing for coleslaw, fruit, potato, tuna, and chicken salads.  It sounds like a nice tangy sweet dressing and I'm excited to try it! This bottle is valued at $3.99.

I got these Chef's Cut Buffalo Style Chicken Jerky in a Love With Food box once as well!  I am not a fan of jerky so I've given them to the men in my family, and my dad says it is really good stuff! This bag is valued at $5.99.

I've seen these Beanitos White Bean Chips featured in a few different subscription boxes recently, but I hadn't ever tried them before.  These are in the flavors Nacho Cheese and Hint of Lime.  I'm not a lime fan, but these remind me of Doritos.  These are valued at $1 each, and it came with a coupon for a free full sized bag as well!

I wish I had good things to say about this, but honestly this non-alcoholic Ginger Beer is probably one of the worst products I've gotten in a subscription box to date... It was so yucky!!  These are valued at $1.50 each.

These are NibMor dark chocolate bars, one with blueberry filling and the other with cherry!  They are both full sized chocolate bars, made with read fruit, and they sound amazing!  These are valued at $1.39 each.

These Basil and Garlic Olives were an odd little addition to the box I felt like.  But then again, I'm not a fan of green olives... So I will probably end up giving these to my mom!  These are valued at $1.49, and also come in the flavors Lemon and Rosemary, Chili and Garlic, and Chili and Oregano.

I felt like these Honees Honey Lemon cough drops were an even more odd addition to the box!  All kinds of food, snacks, and cooking ingredients... and then cough drops?  I mean, I guess it is useful to have!  These are valued at $2.75.

I somehow forgot to take a picture of this during the original shoot, but I made sure to take one when I used it tonight!  This is "Ponti Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena," and is described as a dressing, but is basically a balsamic glaze which can be used on basically anything!  This bottle is valued at $5.99.

Tonight I made honey bacon glazed chicken with balsamic vegetables and it was pretty amazing!  I'd definitely use and make it again!

The papers that came with this pox included a two recipe ingredient card for the Tikka Masala sauce, a recipe for the Brianna's dressing, and a coupon for the Beanitos chips!  

This is probably one of the weirdest boxes I've ever gotten honestly... It was multiple different ingredients for meals, none of which went together, and cough drops?  It was odd, but that's not to say I don't like it!  It was a really good value, and come with a few exciting things to try!  The total value of this box, not counting the two free gifts or the coupon for a free bag of chips, is $34.98!  Thats pretty amazing for a $20 box that I payed $7 for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I wouldn&

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received