Skip to main content

Present DIY: Mugcake

So I understand that this is staged fall instead of Christmas, but I made this and took the pictures before my anniversary in October! Sadly, very few people have holidays in October, so I decided to hold on to the pictures until Christmas when it could actually be useful!

Aaaaanyway, this is my version of an easy double chocolate mug cake!  This is an easy present you could make for someone in no time for under $5.  If you gave them this and a nice mug that would be an awesome present!


What you will need:
  • Angel Food Cake Mix
  • Devil's Food Cake Mix (Or any flavor really! This is up to you as long as you have the Angel Food in there)
  • Chocolate Chips (Optional)
  • Pretty Container 

From this point it's pretty easy!  Just mix a full box of angel food with a full box of devil's food, add as many chocolate chips as you want, and you are done!  Because this isn't a super dense cake, the chocolate chips will fall to the bottom giving it a chocolate lava cake kind of consistency; if you don't want that then leave them out!  

Now you need to package it!  I bought this plastic clear container at the Dollar Tree, it doesn't get much easier than that!  A mason jar would also be super cute.  After putting it in something you can decorate it as much or as little as you want.  I added a little bit of red sparkly washi tape, and a chalkboard label on the front with the name and on the back with the directions.


Now, about the directions.  To get the perfect consistency you have to mix it a certain way, and it doesn't get much more simple than this... 

Directions:
3 Tbsp of Mix
2 Tbsp of Water
1 Minute in the Microwave



And that is it!  Super simple right? 

________________________________________________________________

Now let's talk a minute, I am home for Christmas break for almost a month and a half!  So, hopefully during that time I am going to return to posting on both Saturday and Wednesday for fun!  Also, after Christmas I plan to FINALLY get up my Disney blogs for a little bit of summer fun in the winter!  Even though most of the writing is done, putting together something like that is a huge time commitment, and that is time I just don't have during the semester, so I thought during winter break would be the perfect time!  So in the the next month you can look forward to hauls, present ideas, maybe something birthday related, Disney, and of course more subscription boxes! 
Hope you all enjoy!

Let's Connect!
Sassy Sweets Cupcakes Facebookwww.facebook.com/SassySweetsCupcakeBakery
Personal Instagramwww.instagram.com/bethanyallen15
And if you wouldn't mind to sign up with my referral links... 
Swagbucks - This is a site where you earn points to get rewards, and it really works! If you want an invite you can e-mail me (allenfamilyvacationplans@gmail.com ) or paste this referral link (swagbucks.com/refer/beachbabe15 ) in the box when you sign up!
Influenster - This is a site where you sync up all of your social media accounts and they will send you products to review based on your interests: www.influenster.com/refferal 
Groupon - A shopping website where everything is super cheap! www.groupon.com/visitor_referral
Graze - A food subscription that you can choose to get weekly, every other week or monthly!  When you sign up please use the code "RR93G9KTP" to get your first box free!

If you would like to send me any letters personally, make any suggestions for my blog, contact me about about a company opportunity, or send me christmas cards (!!), you can reach me at:
Bethany Allen
ASU Box 09665
Boone, NC 28608

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)