Skip to main content

"Lash Like a Boss" Maybelline VoxBox

I received the Maybelline Lash Like a Boss VoxBox complementary from Influenster!  I was so excited.  I have gotten lots of boxes from them at this point, but very few are ever makeup and that is one of my favorite things!  


This box contained two items, the Master Precise Curvy Liquid Eyeliner, and the Colossal Big Shot Mascara.

My liquid eyeliner had just dried out, so I can't tell you how excited I was about this!  I wear winged lined quite a bit, but had never been truly good at getting a good line and wing.  Apparently I just didn't have the right eyeliner because now it's the easiest thing ever!  It is a fat tool that fits well in your hand, so it is very comfortable to hold.  The tip is flat and comes to a point, it looks almost like a spade in a deck of cards.  So if you want a fat line you can turn the tip one direction, or flip it the other way for one that is skinny and precise.  Overall, this honestly couldn't be any better, I love it!

The mascara I liked, but I honestly wasn't as in love with it as much as the eyeliner.  It has a good brush and coats the lashes nicely.  As for the effect it has, I really didn't see much of one.  It darkened my lashes up and may have made them look a little longer, but nothing compared to the full or lengthy look you can get from other Maybelline mascaras.  Over top of another mascara it looks better and works to separate and smooth out clumps, but alone it just wasn't that impressive.  It wasn't bad by any means, I would just reccomend others from their line over it.

And here is a little glimpse of my completed eye makeup using both products!

If you would like to receive products free for testing purposes then you should sign up too!  Influesnter is a site where you sync up all of your social media accounts, and then according to the size of your following they will send you products to review based on your interests.  You can sign up here: www.influenster.com/refferal 

I received all products mention complementary from Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.


***Update: So I pulled my mascara out one day and discovered that at some point it had broken... The little piece that scrapes off the excess mascara had broken off, so the wand was all messy and it was completely unusable. You all know I am always honest about my feelings on the products I am sent, sponsored or not, and I was super sad this one ended up badly! I searched around the internet for other reviews and saw no mention of this, so maybe I just got a dud. But here is the bright side, I tweeted a picture of it saying I was sad it broke and tagged Influenster and Maybelline, and Maybelline tweeted me back! They gave me a number to call, and after a short phone call they promised to compensate me for the product. I made sure they knew it had been sent to me for free, but they wanted to anyway! 
So today in the mail I received a coupon for $8 off of any product. Though the mascara didn't totally work out, there is something to be said for a company that so wholeheartedly stands behind their product! I was impressed! Go Maybelline! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!