Skip to main content

"Lash Like a Boss" Maybelline VoxBox

I received the Maybelline Lash Like a Boss VoxBox complementary from Influenster!  I was so excited.  I have gotten lots of boxes from them at this point, but very few are ever makeup and that is one of my favorite things!  


This box contained two items, the Master Precise Curvy Liquid Eyeliner, and the Colossal Big Shot Mascara.

My liquid eyeliner had just dried out, so I can't tell you how excited I was about this!  I wear winged lined quite a bit, but had never been truly good at getting a good line and wing.  Apparently I just didn't have the right eyeliner because now it's the easiest thing ever!  It is a fat tool that fits well in your hand, so it is very comfortable to hold.  The tip is flat and comes to a point, it looks almost like a spade in a deck of cards.  So if you want a fat line you can turn the tip one direction, or flip it the other way for one that is skinny and precise.  Overall, this honestly couldn't be any better, I love it!

The mascara I liked, but I honestly wasn't as in love with it as much as the eyeliner.  It has a good brush and coats the lashes nicely.  As for the effect it has, I really didn't see much of one.  It darkened my lashes up and may have made them look a little longer, but nothing compared to the full or lengthy look you can get from other Maybelline mascaras.  Over top of another mascara it looks better and works to separate and smooth out clumps, but alone it just wasn't that impressive.  It wasn't bad by any means, I would just reccomend others from their line over it.

And here is a little glimpse of my completed eye makeup using both products!

If you would like to receive products free for testing purposes then you should sign up too!  Influesnter is a site where you sync up all of your social media accounts, and then according to the size of your following they will send you products to review based on your interests.  You can sign up here: www.influenster.com/refferal 

I received all products mention complementary from Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.


***Update: So I pulled my mascara out one day and discovered that at some point it had broken... The little piece that scrapes off the excess mascara had broken off, so the wand was all messy and it was completely unusable. You all know I am always honest about my feelings on the products I am sent, sponsored or not, and I was super sad this one ended up badly! I searched around the internet for other reviews and saw no mention of this, so maybe I just got a dud. But here is the bright side, I tweeted a picture of it saying I was sad it broke and tagged Influenster and Maybelline, and Maybelline tweeted me back! They gave me a number to call, and after a short phone call they promised to compensate me for the product. I made sure they knew it had been sent to me for free, but they wanted to anyway! 
So today in the mail I received a coupon for $8 off of any product. Though the mascara didn't totally work out, there is something to be said for a company that so wholeheartedly stands behind their product! I was impressed! Go Maybelline! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...