Skip to main content

Walmart Beauty Box: Fall

I fully intended to get this up on Saturday, as per usual, especially considering finals are over and I am now I break (!!!), but when I went to start writing Friday night the internet was out!  I go to Appalachian State University, with the possibility of 18,000 students being on the internet at any given moment and it works fine... I come home to a house of four people and it immediately crashes.  But regardless, I wanted to try to get this post up anyway just for the fun of it!  (And because I am a bored college student with no job and nothing to do for the next month and a half so... hit me up!)

This is the fall edition of the Walmart Beauty Box, which is a $5 quarterly subscription. 
 These can kind of be hit or miss, but because they are only $20 spread out over a year and a nice little surprise when they show up, I keep it anyway.  This one was actually pretty decent!

This is a "travel size" tube of the Hello Whitening toothpaste.  I was just about to run out of toothpaste at school, and as I said before I am a broke college student, so this came at a perfect time!  It is just a standard mint flavor.

This is the Dove Nutrium Moisture body wash.  This seemed vaguely familiar to me, and I am almost certain I used to use this at my grandparents when I would shower at their house!  I added it to my drawer of mini sizes for traveling purposes, but it is nice to have.

I was so excited to receive this baby Batiste dry shampoo in the box, but also slightly confused... My Walmart doesn't carry Batiste, and it is my favorite!  They need to step up their game!  This is the original scent, and I have already been using it like crazy! This was my favorite thing out of the box by far.

This is the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for your entire body, not just face.  I didn't realize Cetaphil was doing body products, but I love their face products so I have high expectations!  Sadly this is a pretty itty bitty sample, so it will probably only do for one, maybe two, full body applications.

This is the Clean and Clear Deep Action "60 second shower mask" cleanser.  Nothing against Walmart Box, because this is a nice brand and size, but I have tried this before and am just not crazy about it... I used it for years when I was younger, so maybe it was hormones, maybe my skin just got too accustomed to it, I don't know, but I wasn't keen on the idea of trying it again.

This is a single use packet os the Village Naturals Therapy Aches+Pains Muscle Relief Mineral Bath Soak.  I don't equate this to the other foil packets many subscription boxes send because bath bombs are only single use, and people pay exorbitant amounts for those!  So isn't this basically the same thing?  I thought this was a fun edition to the box, and I'm super excited to try it now that I am home with my own bathtub!

These are Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails Gummies, and these I do equate to a foil packet sample.  All I can tell you about these is that they tasted good; one serving of gummy vitamins is not nearly enough to find out if they actually do anything.  Nonetheless, it makes the box eclectic, so they were nice to get.

This is an Eco Tools Makeup Brush Cleansing Cloth, and let me tell you, it works!  I used it to spot clean the other day, and I was able to clean most of my brushes without them feeling overly wet.  These would be nice to have, especially for traveling.

I have tired the normal pore strips before, but never the Bioré Charcoal pore strips.  These didn't seem much different than the regular pore strips, but I love them regardless!  Such a mix of disgust and amazement when I see what comes out of my pores...

Even though a few of the things weren't my style or were single use, I received nine items for $5, and you can't really beat that!  If you haven't ever tried Walmart Beauty Box before I highly reccomend giving it a shot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

2018 Recap Part Two (August-December)

(If you missed Part One, January-July, you can find it here! ) August We kicked August off with a bang and dove right into another vacation, this time to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!  We started our trip with another aquarium, and a few nights at this gorgeous little Bed and Breakfast in Manteo. While there we also had the opportunity to see The Lost Colony outdoor Drama.  I highly recommend, it was amazing! But be warned, Manteo breeds a different kind of mosquito than everywhere else, and they WILL just pick you up and carry you away! My mom and I were just dying to see the Ocean even though the island we were currently on was landlocked and Dad had just told us to be patient and wait until we got to our Condo a few days later.  We didn't listen, and after shopping one night we took the car down to a public entrance to see the sunset and feel the sand between our toes.  It did not disappoint!  Until I got squared by a wave... Decisions regretted, Ou