I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!
Things You'll Need
- Plastic spray bottle
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 8 oz. water
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner
- Lemon Juice
- 3 drops essential oil (optional)
- Pour water into the plastic spray bottle.
- Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel.
- Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :)
Add essential oil for fragrance
and additional benefits.
Choose your favorite oil based on scent and healing properties. (optional)
Replace the top to the bottle,
closing tightly. Shake the bottle and its ingredients vigorously to get
the ingredients to mix, otherwise the oil will remain on the surface and
the salt on the bottom. You will also need to shake the bottle before each use.
Store the mixture in the fridge when not in use. (This is a MANDATORY step, I didn't think it was a big deal and skipped it one time... bad idea. Who knew water could mold? ;)
I hope it works for you as great as it does for me!