Skip to main content

Hair Protection at the Beach/Pool

So you are gong down to the beach today, you got that amazingly cute bathing suit that you wanted, you have SPFed from head to toe....but what about your hair! When going down to the beach or to take a dip in the pool protecting your hair is just as important as protecting the rest of your body.





  • My first suggestion is to apply leave in conditioner to your hair, paying special attention to your roots. Normally I wouldn't suggest this as this will make your hair look oily, but if you are going to be swimming your hair will probably be up any way, so you won't be able to tell. The moisturizer acts as a sunscreen protecting the cuticle of your hair and preventing it from becoming dried out and frizzy (because the combination of sun, salt, and chlorine will KILL your hair!). Try John Frida Leave In Conditioner ($5.99 at drugstore.com)


  • Number two, your scalp can burn just like the rest of your body so it needs protection too! I suggest that you use the Banana Boat Sport Performance ($9.49 at drugstore.com). Part your hair just like you normally would and spray your part (and any other skin on your head that is showing!). This should be enough to prevent most burns, just remember to reapply!


  • Last but not least, you might want to bring a hat. I'm not saying you have to wear your hat constantly, but it might be a good idea to put it on if you are sitting with head pointed straight up (at the sun).

You can wear one of these but I prefer the next one!

Sweet right! Go Heels!! Get your own at Johnny T-shirt.com!!!


  • So very last remember to wash and condition your hair at least once if not TWICE a day while you are on vacation. I am pushing conditioner so much because your hair will end up very dry by the end of your trip, and if you let it go to far it dries it out to cuticle and the only way to get rid of that is by letting it grow out. Also if you don't wash your hair the chemicals in pool water could very easily turn your hair green! Listen to me, a girl who has had it happen to her! NOT FUN!!

I hope that this will help you to better protect your hair while at the beach, because let me tell you it is neither cute nor comfortable to have your head burnt. And it's even worse when it begins to peel! Click on the links above to view some of my favorite brands that work well and won't even break the bank!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I would...

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona...