Skip to main content

Looking at the Year Ahead + Big Announcement!

(Stick around until the end for a surprise announcement!)

In my past two posts this week I have been focusing on the past year; what I did, the things I accomplished, the places I visited, etc.  You can find the links here if you would like to see my 2018 Recap, Part One (January-July), and Part Two (August-December).  But now, it is time to focus on the year ahead of me.

For the first time in my life, I have no homework due.  
No tests to prepare for.  No projects I've been putting off until the last minute.  I'm done with all of that!
But that also means I have a new set of responsibilities I'm supposed to to be taking on.
Where am I going to work?  How am I going to make rent?  When can I make time to get groceries?  I have to make my own doctors appointments?  Should I be applying for more jobs?
It's... It's definitely different.


At the current moment, my plan is to stay at the school in which I did my student teaching and substitute and tutor until a full time position opens up.  Because believe it or not, very few schools are hiring teachers in the middle of the year.  Unless someone is going out on maternity leave, your options are pretty limited!  I am also going to continue my job at the YMCA doing after school care.  I am just going to continue keep small jobs until something full time opens up I guess!
But I'm not complaining, so far everything is going great!  I love where I'm at and I love (most) of the people I work with.  I'm simply keeping myself busy in the hallway until God opens the next door.

I received a new planner for Christmas (!!!) and in it there is a goals and reflection section.  So this isn't at all a "new year, new me" post, but I have reflected and set some small goals for myself in the months ahead.

These are very personal, but they are also very much the current state of my life right now.  In some ways I feel the best I ever have, and it some ways I'm really struggling.  It is a day to day thing, and I feel like that really shows in the way I ended up wording many of these.  I want to learn to love myself as I am now, but I don't want to get comfortable and lazy.  I want to daily strive to be the best version of myself that I can be

In a more short term sense, these are the goals I have for January, some of them are big picture and rather vague, such as bettering myself physically and mentally, while others are very concrete, such as making rent!  I hope to accomplish them all, but you know, rent kiiiiiinda has to be priority.


Finally, there is something big in the works for 2019...

WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!


We are leaving at the end of July and going to be gone there for 11 days, the majority of which will be spent in the parks!  We are celebrating my graduation, my parent's 25th wedding anniversary, my brother's birthday... It is going to be a good time!  In the meantime you can expect a lot of Disney content coming your way, packing lists, hauls, and then hopefully when I get back, day by day blogs!  I hope you enjoy Disney content, because if all goes according to plan there is going to be a lot of it!


If you are as antsy as I am for some good vacation content, please check out my trip to Disney from back in 2016!  And if you have a YouTube channel or Blog and are a Disney fanatic like me, then send your link my way; I'd love to see it!

In the meantime, you can keep up with me at these places on Social Media to see my goals progress and updated Disney content!
Personal Instagram - www.instagram.com/bethanyallen15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I wouldn&

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha