Skip to main content

2018 Recap Part Two (August-December)


August
We kicked August off with a bang and dove right into another vacation, this time to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!  We started our trip with another aquarium, and a few nights at this gorgeous little Bed and Breakfast in Manteo.

While there we also had the opportunity to see The Lost Colony outdoor Drama.  I highly recommend, it was amazing!
But be warned, Manteo breeds a different kind of mosquito than everywhere else, and they WILL just pick you up and carry you away!

My mom and I were just dying to see the Ocean even though the island we were currently on was landlocked and Dad had just told us to be patient and wait until we got to our Condo a few days later.  We didn't listen, and after shopping one night we took the car down to a public entrance to see the sunset and feel the sand between our toes.  It did not disappoint! 
Until I got squared by a wave... Decisions regretted, Outfit soaked.  Very Instagram vs. real life.
We spent the next few days visiting the lighthouses within our reach.  We climbed Cape Hatteras and just missed Bodie, so we just stopped for pictures.

And then it was officially beach time!


On a break day at the beach we visited yet another lighthouse, this time Corolla, and we did get to climb!

We also visited the Whalehead club, an old Country Club kind of place where the rich people would come visit and hunt ducks way back when.
I just love the beach, that's all.
And then, it was time to head home!
And back to hiking!  We ended the summer of hiking just like we started it, at Grassy Creek Falls, though it was a lot smaller now without the flooding rains!  It was really astounding to see it in both forms.
And before you know it, it was time for school again!  My last semester as a college student... And I technically wasn't even in class, I was student teaching in a middle school English class!  Do I look the part of a teacher?
After school started back we got the opportunity to celebrate the 21st birthdays of two of my best friends, the girls on each end of the picture on the left!  We went to a brewery, and then back to her place for some hot tub time!


We continued celebrating this lovely lady with a trip to Top Golf in Charlotte!
She got a drink that was so strong there had to be two people there at the bar to buy it, and it came in a light up golf bag with golf club straws!  Too cute, and it was amazing!


We had drinks, food, and friends, and it was an all around amazing day!


September
In September my boyfriend and I were lucky enough to take a trip with some of our friends to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, to stay in a wonderful cabin and spend some much needed time relaxing and enjoying each other's company.
See the picture on the left?  We are bringing back the Jimmy Buffett concert with a trip to Margaritaville.  See my face in that picture?  True love and annoyance just pouring out.  It is honestly probably my favorite picture of us, not gonna lie.


This is my girl here, she is just the best!  It was so fun to take another trip with her!

In September I also got to go to my first Panthers Football game!  I am not a football fan, but I gotta say, seeing it in person with his family made it a lot better!


October
By October I was really getting into the swing of things Student Teaching wise.  I had definitely found my people, and I wish I never had to leave them.  
During Spirit Week we had a homeroom dress up day, so my teacher was Gru, I was his assistant Dr. Nefario, and the children were all our little minions!  I made us ID badges, and  I made them goggles, and and outfits out of yellow ponchos and ribbon... I wish I could show them online, because they were adorable!  One little darling even went all out and had her parents help turn her into the purple mad minion with the teased up purple hair and everything!  Needless to say,  we won spirit day!
Though I am not as crazy about fall as every other white girl, I do love doing fall things, so one weekend in October my best friend and I went to a cute brunch in Downtown Asheville.


To keep the cute fall things going my boy and I went to a pumpkin patch!  We picked out the perfect carving pumpkin, but sadly he never got carved...  Life, ya'know?
But while we were there we did get to do a fun Corn Maze!

I also revived the concert trend in October by going to Jesse McCartney concert at Appalachian!  Do you know how many childhood dreams were fulfilled that night?
In October my mom and all of her friends and coworkers also came up to stay in a literal mansion in Blowing Rock for the weekend.  Like, I can't stress to you how amazing this house is!  Can you tell from just the view alone?  It is on the side of a mountain!
In October I also had to attend a Career Fair for Appalachian, and I FINALLY got the obligatory picture with Yosef the Mountaineer that every student should have!  I was on the sidelines terrified to enter the chaos when he came over to start "interviewing" me!  It totally broke the ice, and after that I entered into the fun without a problem. 
Of course, we HAD to end October with some Halloween fun!  Since my boyfriend already looks like a 30 year old man with that beard of his, we decided to capitalize on it and went as Ron Swanson and Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation!


We had buttons and badges, the whole works!  See the resemblance?


November
My mom's birthday is in November, so he had to have a day all about her!  We spent the day at Lake Lure filled with boat rides and massages, and then went to Asheville for dinner and a ghost tour!
November also turned out to be prime football weather funny enough!  So there was some tailgating fun to be had.
And then at the end of November it was Christmas Tree time!
I made her pretend to like me for a minute...



December
And then it was December, quite possibly the busiest month in my life to date.  It started with a rainy playoffs game in which the Appalachian Mountaineers knocked them out of the park!
With the end of the semester fast approaching was also coming the end of student teaching...  I was sad to go, so it was absolutely thrilling to find out they wanted to keep me on as a substitute and English tutor!  My amazing principal even got me flowers to celebrate.
And then snowmageddon happened... Two feet of snow everywhere!  No classes, no finals, no work, it was chaos!  But I got to stay snowed in at my boyfriend's house with a whole host of other people, so I'd say we definitely made the best of it. 
And then all of a sudden I was 22!
We had a small party at my friend's cabin, and it was the best time.
But that isn't all that happened, I also GRADUATED on my birthday!  I still can't believe it, pure and utter shock.

We got to see one of my favorite professors before the ceremony.
And then before I knew it, I was across the stage, and finished.  I was no longer a college student.

My time at the College of Education was done, and I could hardly believe it had went so fast.

But hey, at least we got some cute pictures out of it.


And then before I knew it it was Christmas!  Where, as per usual, we had to play some reindeer games.
And then we were back to where we started, ending the year with the same girl I began it with, at the same coffee shop, still making her take pictures.

But we couldn't end the whole year without just one more trip to my wineries.  I may be 22, but I can still pretend I'm a new 21.


And that, my friends, concludes 2018!  It was full of fun, both happy memories and sad.  There were a lot of endings, but they can only lead to new and better beginnings.  As I write this I am substituting in a classroom in which I one day hope to teach full time.  I won't be able to blog when I'm really teaching, but you know, substitutes are basically glorified babysitters.  But you've gotta do what you gotta do to make it where you want to be!

I'm technically an adult now... Let that sink in, because it definitely hasn't became real for me yet!


If you want to keep up with my life in 2019, you are welcome to follow me here!
Personal Instagram - www.instagram.com/bethanyallen15
Pinterest -https://www.pinterest.com/SummerSweety15
Influenster - https://www.influenster.com/summertimesweety15 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)