Skip to main content

2018 Recap Part One (January-July)

So I took a year off!  2018 was a crazy year, and a lot has happened, so I thought it might be fun to do a recap of all of the fun, unexpected, and just crazy things that happened in 2018!

January

I started the year off by having coffee and lunch with my favorite girl at my favorite coffee shop! (She is also the photographer of the picture shown above.)

The majority of the rest of January was spent trying to figure out my life... I made some big changes relationship wise by ending an almost five year relationship I was reluctant to let go of, but it ended up being a wonderful decision that has allowed me to grow in so many ways since.  Sometimes life has growing pains.

Oh, I also turned 21 the month before, so there were a lot of other (now legal) activities going on in my life to help the healing process!


February
And in February a wonderful new man came into my life!  He was my roommate's best friend, so he had been around a lot, but suddenly I was able to look at him in a new light.  That light only began to shine even brighter when I woke up on Valentines day to find flowers... Isn't that the sweetest??  
Also, peep our first official picture together at Chinese New Year at my friend's restaurant!


We had a very unnaturally warm day in February, so I had to take advantage of it on Appalachian's gorgeous campus! 

And then we had to have a mini bachelorette party for the lady on the left who was marrying into my family!  Time for a trip to my favorite winery... 



March
At the beginning of March my best friend and I went to a Cole Swindell concert!

Aaaaaand then it immediately snowed us in.  But my new boy got to come over and hang out, and since he is my roommate's bestie it couldn't have been any better!  Iconic college moment right here.
St. Patrick's Day!  And cue one of my first friends to turn 21 with me!
And then it was time for my cousin to get married to the best girl in the entire world; we all love her dearly!  This was also the first time my boy got to meet my family!  It couldn't have possibly went better, he fits right in.
And then we ended the month with a trip to Grandfather Mountain!  If you have never been and are in the Boone area it is a must do, there is a mini zoo, a mile high swinging bridge, a mineral museum, lots of hiking trails, and a mountain you can climb all over.  I have went almost every year for my whole life!

April
We began April by getting dressed up for my roommate's birthday dinner.
And then we kicked off a hiking epidemic that lasted all the way through the summer!  This is my friend and I at Hebron Rock Colony along the Boone Fork Trail with little tiny waterfalls.
Finally, I made my parents ultimately jealous by attending a Jimmy Buffett Concert!  It was definitely a moment to tell your kids about.

May

And then it was May and exam time was rolling around.  We had a pool at our apartment we had yet to utilize in the year we had been there, so it was time to go study by the pool!
But along with exams and the end of school came the time to pick back up my summer job.  Once again I was working the breakfast and lunch shift at a restaurant on the parkway.  Good money, though not my favorite kind of work.  

But hey, you can't beat these sunrises out the front window.
The end of May came with another concert.  This time it was Willie Nelson with the Country Outlaw tour.  But guess who didn't show, Willie!  To say that was a bust would be an understatement...


June
In June the hiking craze really kicked in full swing.  My mom and I decided that we needed to visit some of the many gorgeous places around us that we had never been to.  We started with a waterfall right on our road, and near my place of work, Grassy Creek Falls!  We also went right after flood-like rains, so it was HUGE!
My boyfriend even got in on the phase and we snuck into Howard's Knob one evening to see the sunset.  Totally worth it.
We then went to Roaring Fork Falls (and spent waaay too much time setting up a self timer to take this picture... I fell a couple times.)
My boy came to visit me at the restaurant I work at, and we had some fun enjoying the drinks and views instead of serving them!
My mom and I made our second trip of the year up Roan Mountain in hopes of seeing the rhododendron in bloom... We saw one flower.  But it is a gorgeous place so it was still time well spent. 
We were dying for a vacation by mid-June, so we took a spur of the moment overnight trip to Asheboro North Carolina to go to the Asheboro Zoo!

And as seems to be the trend, we ended June with yet another concert.  This time, it was Hank Williams Jr. and Lynyrd Skynyrd!  Once again, definitely one for the books. 

July
July began with the annual Allen/Buchanan family Fourth of July Celebration, complete with the yearly, and ever growing, "kids" picture.  (Half these kids have kids...)
Come mid July it was mini vacation time again with a trip to Pigeon Forge for my brothers 14th birthday.  (He's growing up too fast!!)  While there we went to Ripley's Aquarium, which is always a favorite!
After our mini trip we returned to our hiking escapades with Tom's Creek Falls.
I also spent at least a little time with friends this summer!  The lovely lady on the left was my favorite coworker this summer; she invited me to a golf tournament where we got to hang out, have some drinks, and sell raffle tickets for her uncle!  On the right is one of my friends from high school, back having fun at the wineries!  Can you tell my favorite drink?

My brother had never been to a college campus and was begging to go, so at the end of July when we moved me out of my old apartment, we took him on a tour of App, and even got to play on the football field!
And here we are in July breaking trend and ending with a hike instead of a concert.  Here I am with pink hair again at Setrock Creek Falls.

A lot happened this year, and I have missed telling you all about it too much to skimp on adding aaaaall of the details, so if you would like to see Part Two you can find it here!

If you want to keep up with me more currently, here are the links of websites I actually update:

Personal Instagram - www.instagram.com/bethanyallen15

Thank you for accepting me as I am, poor posting schedule and all, but I am happy to be back :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I wouldn&

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!