Skip to main content

St. Ives Influenster VoxBox

Good news, I received another Influenster VoxBox!!
This was a Holiday campaign following New Years, and was sponsored by St. Ives.  Now as always, I did receive these products for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are completely my own!

Oatmeal Scrub and Mask
If you are used to their ever popular Apricot Scrub, this is quite a different experience.  Where the Apricot Scrub has large abrasive pieces, the Oatmeal Scrub has smaller and gentler pieces, but significantly more of them.  This also has a much thicker and stickier consistency, with a smell that is reminiscent of sunscreen.  The way I chose to use this was as a mask.  I applied a generous amount to my face, rubbing in circular motions, making sure it was fully scrubbed and evenly covered.  The bottle recommends letting it soak in for 5-7 minutes.  After the lime elapsed, I put some water on my fingers and rewet the mask, scrubbing in circular motions once again, and then rinsed!  This was the 6 oz bottle, which retails between $3.99 and $4.79.  It also comes in a larger 10 oz size, and of course comes in the Apricot Fresh Skin variation!

Refresh and Revive Body Lotion
This is a very summer-y smelling lotion!  It smells exactly like pears, but not in an overpowering way.  The first thing I noticed about this lotion, would be the way it dries.  Most lotion leaves a temporary sticky feel, but this soaks up instantly, leaving your skin feeling super soft, but not inhibiting dressing! This was a 21 oz bottle and retails for $4.99.  This also comes in an Oatmeal and Shea Butter Nourish and Soothe variation.

Even and Bright Body Wach
This product also has a very summer-y smell, but like grapefruit!  It claims to be an exfoliating product (hints the "Even and Bright"), but I'm not so sure about that.  The exfoliating pieces seemed to be few and number and extremely small in size.  So if you are looking for exfoliation, this is not your best bet.  But for just an everyday body wash, it has a very nice lather and is enjoyable!  This was a 24 oz bottle and retails for  $4.99.  It also comes in a smaller size (13.5 oz) for $2.99, and comes in the Oatmeal and Shea Butter Nourish and Soothe variation as well!

Overall I enjoyed all of the products.  It seems as if they are attempting to target two different seasons/skin types.  They have the fresh bright summer scent line that I received the body wash and lotion from, and the warmer winter scent line with moisturizing shea butter that I received the face scrub from.  Expanding your horizons beyond Apricot scrub, good job St. Ives!
(And as a side note, they contacted me on both Instagram and Twitter to ask if they could use this picture on their website!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...