Skip to main content

Disney 2016: Day 6

3:40
Good Evening ladies! Sorry for the late start today, but after the late night we had last night we slept in today... Until 11! We never do that!

Today I am wearing A Mickey tank top from Walmart, black athletic shorts from Old Navy, Minnie Ears from one of my first trips to Disney, Teva sandals, my FitBit, and my Magic Band but I forgot to take a picture in the room, so here is one of us hot and sweaty in Italy with my dad pretending to be annoyed!

We ended up getting in to Epcot about 12:45, and have since ridden Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space both with fastpasses! 

But right now eating lunch at La Cantina de San Angel in the Mexico pavilion.  I had a huge pile of awesome Nachos which you can see peeking out there in the back, but the main reason to come here? These Churros with caramel sauce we had for dessert... Those churros were a beyond words kind of amazing, and I could (and possibly did) drink the caramel.

I always love the inside of the Mexico pavilion.  They have set it up to look like an outdoor market at night with stars and lanterns!  There are lots of little carts and a booth with a woman painting intricate little carvings, it is my favorite!


7:00 p.m.
We just stopped and had a snack in Italy (as mentioned above)! 

While in Norway we bought a Berry Crème Puff and a Cream Horn, but we weren't really hungry yet. So, we visited a few pavilions, did a little shopping, rode the ride in Mexico and the new Frozen Norway ride (which was AMAZING), and finally stopped in Italy! Italy doesn't have many things for the normal person. They have very high end shops and sit down restaurants, but no quick service or things to see! We did discover that because of that, it is a fairly empty, shady, and pretty place to stop for a snack!

Honestly, I was more impressed with the desserts in Norway than France!  Look at all of the cream filled things!

And though we didn't try them, check out the Olaf and Frozen cupcakes!

Oh, and we made some friends!  We never really pay attention to the cast members in the parks who aren't recognizable characters, but these were goofy and fun!


9:00 p.m.
About to watch Illuminations with crepes!

We grabbed a seat on the balcony of a restaurant in Japan, and it just lit up around us!

Pictures of fireworks honestly never do them justice... But I tried!

And the lit up world as it floated out into the water.  It opens up and fire and effects come out later in the show!

I love the way the golf ball lights up at night!

11:30 p.m.
I really thought we'd be in bed by now... We came back to our room at Allstar Music resort and a transformer had blown, and all the power was out. They had to move us to Allstar Sports, which was an hour and a half long process. I don't know where Disney has hidden their Magic recently, but they sure need to find it.

I apologize for ending on a negative note, but hopefully tomorrow will be better!



Thank you all so much for reading! I thought it would be fun to have a little summer Disney sun to brighten up snowy winter days!  If you missed yesterday you can see Day 5 here, or go to the Disney 2016 tag to see the full series!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!