Skip to main content

Disney 2016: Day 10

8:20 a.m.
Good morning everyone! We are currently on our way to Animal Kingdom...

...our second favorite park!

Today I am wearing a Lion King tank top from Rue 21, athletic shorts from Nike, Tevas, my FitBit and Magic Band, and my hair in a Tinkerbell bun!

1:00 p.m.
Just finished lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue! It was a quick service, and we loved it! We only got two plates of food, but we still couldn't finish it it was so much! We had ribs, pulled pork barbecue, barbecue chicken, fries, onion rings, baked beans, and coleslaw, and that was just two plates!! I really wish I'd taken a picture, because it is one of the best Disney meals I've ever had!

Since this morning we rode a few of the rides here, but most importantly, we rode the Safari!  It is honestly the best, I'd ride it over and over.  You can see what is in these pictures, every animal doesn't really need a caption!




This one was my favorite, I love seeing the lions!  And these were only a few of the pictures, between mom and I we had so many!



6:35 p.m.
We just sat down to dinner at Tusker House! It is an African buffet style restaurant, with Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and Daisy!  Though the characters were cute, I honestly really didn't like the food that much.

This was my favorite picture of dinner, all of the flexing ducks!

Before dinner we went to see the Lion King show.  The Lion King is one of our favorite Disney movies, and this is one of my favorite things in Animal Kingdom!  Timon and the monkey acrobats are the best part of the show!

After lunch we also did a few of the animal trails scattered around the park.  Animal Kingdom to me is just a freaking amazing zoo in all of the best ways!


Is it just me, or does this hippo look very put out about having a birdie on its back?


I love the cute little meerkats! 

A gorilla, of course from its best angle.

We also did the Bird Show, which I always think I'm going to dislike and then end up loving.  Eagles are always great to see.



8:50 p.m.
Time for the new Jungle Book show they are doing at Animal Kingdom since Rivers of Light isn't ready.  But I got to do something amazing before we came to our seats...

I got to meet Tarzan!!  My roommate is crazy about him and I promised her I'd meet him on her behalf.  Not to say that I didn't enjoy meeting this gorgeous man...

He told me to growl and pose "like Lion," so we did!

11:20 p.m.
Turns out that if it sprinkles the least bit, they cancel the show... Luckily we were able to do the nighttime Safari, ride Mt. Everest again, and then make the next show!  It was kind of aggravating initially, but it all worked out, and the Jungle Book show was amazing!  Now we are on our way back to our resort for bed... Goodnight you guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!