Skip to main content

Valentine's Day!

Y'all, I know some people get all up in arms about Valentine's being a fake holiday, or "Singles Awareness Day," but I love it!  I loved it even when I didn't have a boyfriend.  I would dress all pink and cute and bring cupcakes and other treats to school, I just think it is the best!  And my boyfriend had class on Valentine's day until 9:30 that night, so I celebrated Galentine's Day too!

Let's start on the actual fun of the day of Valentine's Day, and then we can get to the OOTD and date part!

I went to the post office on Valentine's Day to find a package from my wonderful mother... She is honestly the best, and one of my best friends.  Why else's mom goes to the trouble of decorating the box with hearts and a pop-up "hug from home"??  I should have done a little unboxing for you all because it only got cute the more things I pulled out.  Of course she sent me a ton of candy (when I still haven't finished the Halloween candy tbh...), but she also sent me fuzzy socks (my favorite!), cupcake scented duck tape, Frozen (as in the movie) slippers, and matching Disney princess pajamas complete with a sleep mask!  Again I repeat, who's mom is the best?

Right after opening my package (in class, I was a bit of a distraction...) our teacher decided to surprise us with these cute little homemade treats for Valentine's Day!  The cookies were the absolute best.

To finish off Valentine's Day festivities we had a girls night!  We met up at a friends apartment with obnoxious amounts of food that was horrible for us... Have you ever had cinnamon roll waffles?  They are literally a gift from God.  We also watched "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days," which I had never seen before, and actually really enjoyed despite the fact that I hate Matthew McConaughey... I know, I'm in the minority, don't hate me.

And then, it was time for my Valentine's Date on Saturday!

This is a kind of anticlimactic OOTD, but...
My dress is from TJ-Maxx
My clutch was last December's Ipsy bag (I thought it worked perfectly!)
My shoes were borrowed from my friend, but I think they might be from Belk quite some time ago.
I know it is hard to tell from this, but my lips and nails match my clutch, and my jewelry is silver to match my shoes!

This was my Valentine's Day present for Maze.  I know you can't read it, but I make super cute little puns about "walking" into my life since I gave him shoes!  There are also socks, and the first expansion for Cards Against Humanity inside the shoes.  I wasn't able to finish this prior to Valentine's day to make a post for you all about it, but you can definitely look forward to one next year because he liked it and it was really fun to make!
He got me my favorite candy and a gift certificate to a cute little spice and tea shop I love.  He said he tried to pick out tea for me, but he didn't know what I liked.  It was really sweet!

And then it was time for us to go out!  We went to this amazing restaurant in Blowing Rock, NC called Twigs.  There was live music and twinkly lights everywhere, I loved it!  

I had Kobe Flank Steak with wilted Kale and a Sweet Potato Croquet.  I didn't know was a croquet was, but it is kind of like a sweet potato doughnut, and it was honestly probably better than the steak, but it was all so good!  My boyfriend had cheesy shrimp and grits with sausage, and minus the shrimp it was amazing as well! 

For dessert we had this brownie a la mode, and a pecan bar with salted caramel.  I don't even like pecans and that was amazing, we were so full by the time we left!

Full, but still looking cute!  Check my man out, he is actually wearing a suit for me!  He is also wearing the shirt and tie that I bought him for Christmas, which made me very happy :)

After dinner we took his laptop and blankets out on the parkway and cuddled up in the bed of his truck to watch a cheesy RomCom.
Overall, it was a very fun and sweet night, and I am so happy I had him to spend it with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...