Skip to main content

Valentine's Day!

Y'all, I know some people get all up in arms about Valentine's being a fake holiday, or "Singles Awareness Day," but I love it!  I loved it even when I didn't have a boyfriend.  I would dress all pink and cute and bring cupcakes and other treats to school, I just think it is the best!  And my boyfriend had class on Valentine's day until 9:30 that night, so I celebrated Galentine's Day too!

Let's start on the actual fun of the day of Valentine's Day, and then we can get to the OOTD and date part!

I went to the post office on Valentine's Day to find a package from my wonderful mother... She is honestly the best, and one of my best friends.  Why else's mom goes to the trouble of decorating the box with hearts and a pop-up "hug from home"??  I should have done a little unboxing for you all because it only got cute the more things I pulled out.  Of course she sent me a ton of candy (when I still haven't finished the Halloween candy tbh...), but she also sent me fuzzy socks (my favorite!), cupcake scented duck tape, Frozen (as in the movie) slippers, and matching Disney princess pajamas complete with a sleep mask!  Again I repeat, who's mom is the best?

Right after opening my package (in class, I was a bit of a distraction...) our teacher decided to surprise us with these cute little homemade treats for Valentine's Day!  The cookies were the absolute best.

To finish off Valentine's Day festivities we had a girls night!  We met up at a friends apartment with obnoxious amounts of food that was horrible for us... Have you ever had cinnamon roll waffles?  They are literally a gift from God.  We also watched "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days," which I had never seen before, and actually really enjoyed despite the fact that I hate Matthew McConaughey... I know, I'm in the minority, don't hate me.

And then, it was time for my Valentine's Date on Saturday!

This is a kind of anticlimactic OOTD, but...
My dress is from TJ-Maxx
My clutch was last December's Ipsy bag (I thought it worked perfectly!)
My shoes were borrowed from my friend, but I think they might be from Belk quite some time ago.
I know it is hard to tell from this, but my lips and nails match my clutch, and my jewelry is silver to match my shoes!

This was my Valentine's Day present for Maze.  I know you can't read it, but I make super cute little puns about "walking" into my life since I gave him shoes!  There are also socks, and the first expansion for Cards Against Humanity inside the shoes.  I wasn't able to finish this prior to Valentine's day to make a post for you all about it, but you can definitely look forward to one next year because he liked it and it was really fun to make!
He got me my favorite candy and a gift certificate to a cute little spice and tea shop I love.  He said he tried to pick out tea for me, but he didn't know what I liked.  It was really sweet!

And then it was time for us to go out!  We went to this amazing restaurant in Blowing Rock, NC called Twigs.  There was live music and twinkly lights everywhere, I loved it!  

I had Kobe Flank Steak with wilted Kale and a Sweet Potato Croquet.  I didn't know was a croquet was, but it is kind of like a sweet potato doughnut, and it was honestly probably better than the steak, but it was all so good!  My boyfriend had cheesy shrimp and grits with sausage, and minus the shrimp it was amazing as well! 

For dessert we had this brownie a la mode, and a pecan bar with salted caramel.  I don't even like pecans and that was amazing, we were so full by the time we left!

Full, but still looking cute!  Check my man out, he is actually wearing a suit for me!  He is also wearing the shirt and tie that I bought him for Christmas, which made me very happy :)

After dinner we took his laptop and blankets out on the parkway and cuddled up in the bed of his truck to watch a cheesy RomCom.
Overall, it was a very fun and sweet night, and I am so happy I had him to spend it with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha