Skip to main content

Popsugar: January

Though this box wasn't as good as December in my opinion, I am still loving this!  These are so much fun!!  I would like to apologize for my photography skills this time though... I was trying to hurry and shoot these before I left to come back to school a few weeks ago and I let quality slip.  I'll do my best not to let it happen again!

The theme words for January were new, fresh, detox, motivation, healthy, and revitalize.  That seems pretty standard for January, everyone is making an attempt at getting healthier for their new years resolutions!

This is the Daily Concepts Hair Wrap towel.  I'd seen these before at every grocery and beauty store while they were super popular, but I'd never really bought into it.  They are supposed to cut drying time and reduce frizz, so I guess we can give this a shot!  Though from first glance taking it out of its case, I'm not totally sure how to use it...  Anyway, this retails for $18 on the Daily Concepts website.

This Peppermint Tea by Dean & Deluca is just straight dried peppermint leaves!  I figured there would be other additives or things to make the flavor more complex, but no, just peppermint leaves!  It has a nice flavor, and isn't nearly as strong as I expected, which I appreciate.  This tin is filled to the brim and retails for $10.75 on their website.

This calendar by May Designs is honestly the cutest little thing!  I have it sitting on my desk now, and I love it.  It makes it even cuter that after you are done with the month you can trim off the calendar part and the back is a sweet little postcard!  Apparently it is even hand painted designs!  This retails for $25 on the May Designs website

So I'd like a little guidance here... This is a yoga towel by eQua, but what exactly are you supposed to do with them?  I tried to read up on it a little bit, and it is supposed to be quick drying and slip resistant, and used either as a yoga mat cover or in place of the mat altogether.  But I feel like it would slide around and bunch up!  I don't know, somebody please educate me!  Regardless, this retails for $38 at manduka.com.

Now though these seem a bit pointless, sticky notes are something I can get behind!  Sticky notes are totally my thing, I love them, and these already have cute little prewritten notes on them for you to leave around for people!  These are Instant Happy Notes by Sourcebooks, Inc, and you can get them for $8.99 on their website.

This is the Goldfaden MD Fresh A Peel.  It is a multi acid resurfacing peel which removes dead skin cells and rejuvenates skin!  The information card stated that this retails for $85.... and it is 1.7 oz.  I thought they must have meant the full size was that much and this was a sample, but nope!  So this was a pretty awesome thing to get considering I'd never actually pay that much for a product like this!

Guys, this Glade candle in Coconut and Beach Woods smells AMAZING!  It smells like summertime and the beach and sunscreen... All good things!  This was considered a "Special Extra" in the box and retails for $4.99 on their website.  I honestly can't wait for summer to start burning this!

This box also came with a 15% off Dean and Deluca coupon, which was the brand of tea.

Total, this box retailed for about $190!  I really loved three of these things, was happy with two, and kind of unsure about two.  Those aren't as good odds as the December box, but for the $20 deal I got I would do it again in a heartbeat!  This is such a fun subscription!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries