Skip to main content

Popsugar: January

Though this box wasn't as good as December in my opinion, I am still loving this!  These are so much fun!!  I would like to apologize for my photography skills this time though... I was trying to hurry and shoot these before I left to come back to school a few weeks ago and I let quality slip.  I'll do my best not to let it happen again!

The theme words for January were new, fresh, detox, motivation, healthy, and revitalize.  That seems pretty standard for January, everyone is making an attempt at getting healthier for their new years resolutions!

This is the Daily Concepts Hair Wrap towel.  I'd seen these before at every grocery and beauty store while they were super popular, but I'd never really bought into it.  They are supposed to cut drying time and reduce frizz, so I guess we can give this a shot!  Though from first glance taking it out of its case, I'm not totally sure how to use it...  Anyway, this retails for $18 on the Daily Concepts website.

This Peppermint Tea by Dean & Deluca is just straight dried peppermint leaves!  I figured there would be other additives or things to make the flavor more complex, but no, just peppermint leaves!  It has a nice flavor, and isn't nearly as strong as I expected, which I appreciate.  This tin is filled to the brim and retails for $10.75 on their website.

This calendar by May Designs is honestly the cutest little thing!  I have it sitting on my desk now, and I love it.  It makes it even cuter that after you are done with the month you can trim off the calendar part and the back is a sweet little postcard!  Apparently it is even hand painted designs!  This retails for $25 on the May Designs website

So I'd like a little guidance here... This is a yoga towel by eQua, but what exactly are you supposed to do with them?  I tried to read up on it a little bit, and it is supposed to be quick drying and slip resistant, and used either as a yoga mat cover or in place of the mat altogether.  But I feel like it would slide around and bunch up!  I don't know, somebody please educate me!  Regardless, this retails for $38 at manduka.com.

Now though these seem a bit pointless, sticky notes are something I can get behind!  Sticky notes are totally my thing, I love them, and these already have cute little prewritten notes on them for you to leave around for people!  These are Instant Happy Notes by Sourcebooks, Inc, and you can get them for $8.99 on their website.

This is the Goldfaden MD Fresh A Peel.  It is a multi acid resurfacing peel which removes dead skin cells and rejuvenates skin!  The information card stated that this retails for $85.... and it is 1.7 oz.  I thought they must have meant the full size was that much and this was a sample, but nope!  So this was a pretty awesome thing to get considering I'd never actually pay that much for a product like this!

Guys, this Glade candle in Coconut and Beach Woods smells AMAZING!  It smells like summertime and the beach and sunscreen... All good things!  This was considered a "Special Extra" in the box and retails for $4.99 on their website.  I honestly can't wait for summer to start burning this!

This box also came with a 15% off Dean and Deluca coupon, which was the brand of tea.

Total, this box retailed for about $190!  I really loved three of these things, was happy with two, and kind of unsure about two.  Those aren't as good odds as the December box, but for the $20 deal I got I would do it again in a heartbeat!  This is such a fun subscription!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...