Skip to main content

Ipsy February + December and January Highlights!

The February bag as been the best I've gotten in a few months, to the point that I really didn't feel like the last to were interesting enough to post...  I finally even went and re-did my style profile quiz because they were beginning to seem like a waste.
But it was Valentine's Day, which I love, and this one was a hit!

At first I thought this was Naked as in Urban Decay, but it is actually Naked Cosmetics brand.  They are more natural cosmetics made with mica, so they are veeeery glittery.  It is a nice color with good pigmentation, but it's a loose pigment which I'm not crazy over, and you have to make sure and get the glitter spread out evenly or it looks tacky. 

I have been sent this brand before, and gave it pretty low scores because I kind of wanted high end brands... Is that snobby?  Regardless, this time they sent me a loose powder blush.  Like with the eyeshadow, I find it a bit hard to use.  It is also a little dark for my skin tone, but I'm gonna keep trying!

A Smashbox product! Finally! I was so super excited to see this, even though the concept of a Primer Oil seems counterproductive to me.  The point of a primer to me is to mattify, which I didn't think an oil could do.  This is moisturizing, and creates the softest surface to apply makeup to, without being too tacky or oily!  It is pretty small, but is still definitely my favorite from this months bag.  As an added bonus, it doesn't really smell like anything in the bottle, but as you apply I can smell the slightest hint of Fruitloops!

I have an ample amount of scrubs at this point, but I will never turn down a new one!  Also, this one is all natural and does not contain salicylic acid which I am currently avoiding.  It is a very gentl scrub, and says it contains microbeads which I know are a big no no right now, but it also says it is a sugar scrub, so I don't know... It doesn't feel like microbeads though, so I am choosing to think it's sugar.  It also contains peppermint oil, so it gives your skin that cold feeling, and smells kind of like a Peppermint Pattie!

Trust Fund Beauty just sound like a fun brand...  This is only the second nail polish they have ever sent me, which I am ok with because I have a ton, but I am also not mad at it when I get it.  This was a pretty Barbie Valentine's day pink color that I actually did wear for most of the month!  It chipped pretty bad, but I work with bleach every day so most polish does on me anyway.


December Ipsy Bag
I have to say, of all the Ipsy bags I've received this was my least favorite...  And I expected the Christmas bag to be a fun one! This product though, truly smells amazing, and lingers on your hair after use.  I have quite a few hair masks right now so I wasn't exactly thrilled about getting this product, but it moisturizes well and will be really fun to take to the beach or on vacation this summer!  It doesn't seem to fit in a Winter themed bag, but I'm not upset about it.

January Ipsy Bag
This bag wasn't even cute... At least the December bag was cute.  The contents of this bag wasn't nearly as bad as December, but it could have been better! Once again, I was kind of disappointed when I pulled this out of my bag, since it is just a lip balm and I have a ton of them, but I have to say that I've really enjoyed it!  It tastes like a Peppermint Pattie (which has seemed to be a theme in this post, and I don't normally even like Peppermint Patties!).  It is super moisturizing, and fun!

Overall, I am still really liking the subscription, and March's bag and products look super exciting, so I am not canceling anytime soon!
If you would like to subscribe, please go here: www.ipsy.com/invite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries