Skip to main content

Ipsy February + December and January Highlights!

The February bag as been the best I've gotten in a few months, to the point that I really didn't feel like the last to were interesting enough to post...  I finally even went and re-did my style profile quiz because they were beginning to seem like a waste.
But it was Valentine's Day, which I love, and this one was a hit!

At first I thought this was Naked as in Urban Decay, but it is actually Naked Cosmetics brand.  They are more natural cosmetics made with mica, so they are veeeery glittery.  It is a nice color with good pigmentation, but it's a loose pigment which I'm not crazy over, and you have to make sure and get the glitter spread out evenly or it looks tacky. 

I have been sent this brand before, and gave it pretty low scores because I kind of wanted high end brands... Is that snobby?  Regardless, this time they sent me a loose powder blush.  Like with the eyeshadow, I find it a bit hard to use.  It is also a little dark for my skin tone, but I'm gonna keep trying!

A Smashbox product! Finally! I was so super excited to see this, even though the concept of a Primer Oil seems counterproductive to me.  The point of a primer to me is to mattify, which I didn't think an oil could do.  This is moisturizing, and creates the softest surface to apply makeup to, without being too tacky or oily!  It is pretty small, but is still definitely my favorite from this months bag.  As an added bonus, it doesn't really smell like anything in the bottle, but as you apply I can smell the slightest hint of Fruitloops!

I have an ample amount of scrubs at this point, but I will never turn down a new one!  Also, this one is all natural and does not contain salicylic acid which I am currently avoiding.  It is a very gentl scrub, and says it contains microbeads which I know are a big no no right now, but it also says it is a sugar scrub, so I don't know... It doesn't feel like microbeads though, so I am choosing to think it's sugar.  It also contains peppermint oil, so it gives your skin that cold feeling, and smells kind of like a Peppermint Pattie!

Trust Fund Beauty just sound like a fun brand...  This is only the second nail polish they have ever sent me, which I am ok with because I have a ton, but I am also not mad at it when I get it.  This was a pretty Barbie Valentine's day pink color that I actually did wear for most of the month!  It chipped pretty bad, but I work with bleach every day so most polish does on me anyway.


December Ipsy Bag
I have to say, of all the Ipsy bags I've received this was my least favorite...  And I expected the Christmas bag to be a fun one! This product though, truly smells amazing, and lingers on your hair after use.  I have quite a few hair masks right now so I wasn't exactly thrilled about getting this product, but it moisturizes well and will be really fun to take to the beach or on vacation this summer!  It doesn't seem to fit in a Winter themed bag, but I'm not upset about it.

January Ipsy Bag
This bag wasn't even cute... At least the December bag was cute.  The contents of this bag wasn't nearly as bad as December, but it could have been better! Once again, I was kind of disappointed when I pulled this out of my bag, since it is just a lip balm and I have a ton of them, but I have to say that I've really enjoyed it!  It tastes like a Peppermint Pattie (which has seemed to be a theme in this post, and I don't normally even like Peppermint Patties!).  It is super moisturizing, and fun!

Overall, I am still really liking the subscription, and March's bag and products look super exciting, so I am not canceling anytime soon!
If you would like to subscribe, please go here: www.ipsy.com/invite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...