Skip to main content

January and February Life Update + Announcements!



Life has been crazy lately...  
Starting with the fact that it never stops snowing.  
Like literally, as soon as one snow melts, the next one comes!
I was out of school and work for over a week at the end of January!
But despite that, life has went on, and some pretty cool things have actually happened...



First of all, I'm still upset about the Superbowl, despite the fact that I love Peyton Manning.
Second, I have started my own cupcake business!
I have always really enjoyed baking cupcakes, and it is one of my ultimate life goals to have a cupcake shop, but for right now I'll settle for a Facebook page!
I'm not currently shipping, but I would still appreciate if you would go like my page, Sassy Sweets Cupcakes, and if you live in or are near the Western North Carolina Asheville area, hit me up!
In case you are wondering, the Panthers cupcake is chocolate with cream cheese frosting, and the Broncos cupcakes is vanilla blue and orange swirled, with creamsicle frosting.

Announcement #2, we have booked our Disney vacation!
We are going at the end of the summer for about a week and a half, and I am so incredibly excited!  So get ready for Disney prep posts, Disney packing post, and Disney Day blogs!

Already counting down the days until I can wear these ears without looking like a wannabe five year old!

Not exactly a huge announcement but exciting none the less, I have been chosen for another Influenster VoxBox!
It was the Target C9 Virtual VoxBox where they sent me a 40% off of a Champion Sports Bra coupon, making it only $12!  I love it so far and I can't wait for this Summer when I can really get come use out of it.  But, as you can see, I really didn't end up saving any money with all of the other things I bought...  What can I say?  My closest Target is an hour away, so when I have the opportunity to go, I go all out!  And most of it was from the dollar section anyway...  And I bought a ton for my dorm room... so that makes it ok right??

Which leads me right in to my next announcement... I will be attending Appalachian State University in the Fall!
If you have kept up with any of my previous Life Updates, you would know that I am currently attending Mayland Community College in my hometown.  I chose to do this because with the scholarships I was blessed enough to receive, it completely covered the cost of tuition, a MacBook air, and most of my books!  Had I went to Appalachian initially, the money would have barely even made a dent in my tuition... 
My original plan was to finish my Associates degree at Mayland, and transfer to Appalachian in the Spring of next year.  I recently learned that because of the Duel Enrollment and AP courses I took in High School, upon completing this semester I will only have NINE hours left! That is only three classes!  After much consideration, I decided to bite the bullet and finish up this summer, so I can transfer to Appalachian in the Fall of this year!  This mean I have essentially completed a two year Associates Degree, in one year.  
I am so blown away by the way God has blessed this entire experience, proving that if you trust in him, he will work things out in your favor!
This does mean that I will be working full time this summer, with a large load of classes.  Even though three classes isn't a lot in a normal semester, it is quite a bit when it's been condensed into less than three months instead of four to five.  I believe it will be manageable though, and my boss will be willing to work with me if need be.  Also, I'll get to end my last Summer with a big Disney shebang! 
Oh, and I am tutoring English now as well... so there is that. 

 Finally.... I didn't actually get to go out on Valentine's day, which was very disappointing, but we made up for it this past weekend!
No, I'm not engaged (yet), it's a promise ring from my wonderful boyfriend of two and a half years!
We went out to Ruth's Chris in Asheville for our date, and it was absolutely amazing...  I had the petit filet and he had stuffed chicken.  I am not a huge steak fan usually, but this was the best thing I've ever eaten.  Sides are served family style, we chose Sweet Potatoes, and then are server brought us corn (swimming in butter) because he didn't think one was enough!  We finished our meal with a huge individual cheesecake to share, topped with fresh berries and strawberry sauce... It won, but I wanted to finish so bad.
After our meal, we went to see the movie Hail, Caesar...  And it was kind of disappointing actually!  It was made by the same people as Oh Brother Where Art Thou and The Big Lebowski, and had George Clooney in it, so I had high expectations.  I just couldn't really find an intriguing plot.  It wasn't a bad movie, but it also wasn't great.
Finally, we finished our night at an overlook on the Blue Ridge parkway (which I live like 5 minutes from...), even though it was only 35 degrees!  We took a big warm blanket and wrapped up in the bed of his truck, and looked at stars and exchanged gifts.  It didn't even seem that cold!  He is moving in to an apartment next semester, so I bought him a coffee table, a Polaroid light up tower speaker, and made him a framed Montana map (where his family has a house) overlaid with lyrics from a Chris Stapleton song.  As you can see, he won on cuteness factor, and gave me a Promise Ring... I think it's absolutely gorgeous and I could not be more thrilled :)

I do plan to try and get back to posting regularly, and I have some awesome posts coming your way! Including a long awaited Ipsy review, a new Bulu box review (pictured below),  an Etsy body care products review, empties, and ways to save money when shopping!  Patience is key with me right now!

Love you all! <3

Let's Connect!
Sassy Sweets Cupcakes Facebookwww.facebook.com/SassySweetsCupcakeBakery
Personal Instagramwww.instagram.com/bethanyallen15
And if you wouldn't mind to sign up with my referral links... 
Swagbucks - This is a site where you earn points to get rewards, and it really works! If you want an invite you can e-mail me (allenfamilyvacationplans@gmail.com ) or paste this referral link (swagbucks.com/refer/beachbabe15 ) in the box when you sign up!
Influenster - This is a site where you sync up all of your social media accounts and they will send you products to review based on your interests: www.influenster.com/refferal 
Groupon - A shopping website where everything is super cheap! www.groupon.com/visitor_referral
ipsy - A $10 monthly subscription service where you receive makeup tailored to your personal interests www.ipsy.com/invite 
Love With Food - A $9.99 monthly food subscription box, use this link to get $5 off your first box! lovewithfood.com/invite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries