Skip to main content

Bulu Box: February

So I saw a coupon on this Subscription box which would make every box you ever ordered $5 instead of $10, which sounds great right?  Not so my friends... I figured this would be a nice health subscription box with healthy food and workout tips, maybe with a few supplements... It is almost entirely supplements, and I am not a big enough health nut to buy into it all...
So needless to say, I canceled, but thought I'd let you know what I received and a couple of the small highlights!

The first thing I pulled out was the Vital 4U Fiber Drink which is: "Packed with soluble prebiotic fiber...to promote better gut health and digestion."  These are $12.00 for a 12 pack, and I received two, so basically a $2 value.  I gave these to my mom to add into our smoothies she makes for an added boost, because I didn't want to drink them straight.

There were the only things I was SUPER excited about! I love gummy vitamins!  These were the best I had ever tried, with a great flavor, and did not stick in your teeth.  These are $9.99 for 60 gummies (30 doses), and this pack came with 10 gummies (5 doses), so just under $2 value once again.

I wasn't too upset about receiving this, until I tried it... I ate about half, and could no onger handle how incredibly tasteless it was.  It could have really benefitted from some cinnamon.  So, this is an Ever Bar which are: "backed with natural energy and nutrient-rich ingredients...high protein, non-GMO, gluten free."  This is in the flavor blueberry cashew.  These are $47.20 for 16 bars, so this is about a $3 value.

I like my medicine to work, not necessarily to be "Green"... This GreenMed AllerRite is supposed to be like a natural substitute for Claritin, but it only comes with three capsules, which is one dose, so I don't really think that is enough to truly know if it works.  They are supposed to: "Relieve allergy symptoms with this 100% natural herbal formula designed to reduce allergic reaction symptoms"  They are $9.95 for 30 capsules, which is only 10 doses, which seems a bit ridiculous to me...   So for 3 capsules it is just under $1.

This is the Montana Mex Seasoning in the Sweet flavor, which I am kind of excited to try actually!  It is said it could be used in cooking, on popcorn, or on ice cream!  Weird right?  This is only a small sample, so I'm not sure what the exact value would be... but it is low.

This is Foodtopia Chlorella which: "contains chlorella, a nutrient-rich food source packed with vitamins, amino acids, chlorophyll, carotenoids and trace minerals to help maintain health...and to bind and detox heavy metals from the body."  Do I have metal in my body?  Do I need chlorophyll?  Am I a flower?  I don't know, but I'm not to sure about this... Anyway, I was sent a pack of 15 tablets, and you are supposed to take 5 tablets 3 times PER DAY! Isn't that ridiculous??  A 90 tablet pack is $20, and I was sent 15, so the value is just over $3

So the total value of this box was about $11, for what was supposed to be a $10 box, and I only really liked two of the products, and disliked strongly the other four...
Therefore, this box was not worth it to me, sorry Bulu Box.

If you are into this type of health thing, you can use the code MYSUB99 to get your first box for $0.99, and every box after for $5.

**I just read a not in VERY small print which stated that not ONE of these products have been evaluated or approved the FDA and aren't intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease!!**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received