Skip to main content

Resort Wedding Weekend Lookbook


I know I usually don't post on on Sunday or this late at night, but I promise I have a good excuse.  Yesterday I had the honor of being in the wedding of a wonderful lady who has been like the big sister I always wanted!  I am going to include a few wedding things in this post too, so I will bold the details about my outfits if that is all you re interested in!

It was a gorgeous wedding in Lake Lure, NC at the Rumbling Bald Resort.  Never heard of it?  Maybe this will help you out...

This is the place where a good portion of Dirty Dancing was filmed!

We happened to have a house with a perfect view of a smaller portion of the lake, as well as a hole on the golf course that was featured in the movie!


We arrived at the Lake at around 10 Friday morning, ready for the weekend to begin!

Since we were going to a resort I tried to stick to resort casual all weekend, but I will let you be the judge of how well I accomplished that!  For the morning we had pedicures planned, followed by the bridal luncheon, so I tried to stick to cute yet comfy!
T-shirt Dress: Ross
Shoes: Sanuks
Purse: Etsy
Jacket: Target
Necklace: Popsugar 


After starting my new waitressing job and being on my feet all the time now, I have never been more excited for a pedicure in my life!  I wanted to pick a polish that wouldn't clash with my yellow dress or rose gold fingernails, but was still fun!  I chose the OPI color charcoal because it has a grey base, but in the sunlight there are green and purple shimmers! 

Lot's of fun was had at the salon, and the bridal luncheon was just as great!
After lunch we all went back to our lake house to hang out and get ready for the rehearsal dinner.  Somehow, time got away from us and all of a sudden there were six bridesmaids, a flower girl, and a miniature two year old bride scrambling to get ready!  If the wedding party are all late then we are basically just on time, right?

For the rehearsal dinner I decided to wear a fancier and sexier dress than is generally appropriate to wear on a day to day basis.  This was actually the dress that I wore on my last anniversary, but I haven't had another occasion to pull it out!
Dress: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: Ross
Bracelets: Alex and Ani
Necklace: Target

These are all of the bridesmaids, with the bride in the middle in white of course!  
I love these girls.

Think PJs should be included in the lookbook?  The bride loves tie dye, so of course I had to bring this shirt to sleep in!  This is my little "niece" (daughter of the sister of the bride) and this is one of the only times I caught her being still all weekend... Baby girl stayed hyped on sugar from the moment she woke up until someone held her down to make her go to bed!

The next morning we sat around and relaxed at the house until lunch was delivered and the hair stylist arrived, then it was time for us to pack up and go to the bridal suite to get ready!  Because we were all going to have our hair up in intricate buns I elected to wear a romper from Forever 21 so I wouldn't have to pull anything over my head.  There was no jewelry or anything else exciting on me at this point!  

I was quite proud of myself though,  I ended up doing everyone but the bride's makeup!  The bridesmaids were watching me do a little makeup just for fun on the flower girl, and everyone decided they would rather have me do theirs than do it themselves!  I loaded them up on primers and powders so it wouldn't move in the heat, and I am proud and kind of embarrassed to say that I still have my makeup on from last night, it didn't budge on anyone!

Now for the best outfit of all weekend, the bridesmaids dress, ft. my cute boy!  As I said, the bride loves tie die, so each of the dresses were a different color.  I was yellow, and there was also a pink, teal, purple, and orange!  It sounds a bit tacky, but ended up looking really pretty!
Dress: Azazie
Jewelry: Charming Charlie's

The flowers really helped tie it all together, I loved the wildflower vibe!
The cake was pretty and colorful on the outside, but what you can't see inside was the real star.  I love cake and eat too much of it, but this was really good cake!

And these were the table centerpieces.  It was lots of colorful jars and vases filled with candle and flowers on top pf records.  She also used Beatles songs on records instead of table numbers.  It's not my style, but hey, it was perfect for her and it turned out really pretty in my opinion!


Following the wedding we pretty much just went and passed out back at the lake house, there was no more possible fun to be had!  The next morning we had to pack all of the wedding things back into the car and leave... We went to lunch with the Bride's parents and spent a few hours in Asheville, but we had to get home, we were killed!
Romper: Forever 21
Vest: Ross (can you tell I like Ross?)
The nonexistent shoes were Tevas...
Hair partially taken down from the night before.  It was still decent, so I didn't want to mess with it!

Overall, the wedding was perfect.  The bride was gorgeous and she and her husband were so happy to finally be together.  They got married on a gazebo on the beach and then moved up to a veranda overlooking the lake for the reception.  The food was the best I have ever had at a wedding... Everything was just perfect and honestly went off without a hitch!  I have never seen a wedding go so smoothly and I was so happy to be a part of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

2018 Recap Part Two (August-December)

(If you missed Part One, January-July, you can find it here! ) August We kicked August off with a bang and dove right into another vacation, this time to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!  We started our trip with another aquarium, and a few nights at this gorgeous little Bed and Breakfast in Manteo. While there we also had the opportunity to see The Lost Colony outdoor Drama.  I highly recommend, it was amazing! But be warned, Manteo breeds a different kind of mosquito than everywhere else, and they WILL just pick you up and carry you away! My mom and I were just dying to see the Ocean even though the island we were currently on was landlocked and Dad had just told us to be patient and wait until we got to our Condo a few days later.  We didn't listen, and after shopping one night we took the car down to a public entrance to see the sunset and feel the sand between our toes.  It did not disappoint!  Until I got squared by a wave... Decisions regretted, Ou