Skip to main content

Two Years and Counting!


So as I said in my "Get Ready With Me" post on Wednesday, my Anniversary is actually on a Monday, and that Monday just happens to be his mom's Birthday as well, so needless to say, we chose another day!  We celebrated on Saturday, October 3rd, and let me tell you, it was absolutely amazing!
He arrived at my house more dressed up than I've ever seen him (other than when he is forced to be!)
Aren't we just adorable and matchy? 

We left around seven to make our eight o'clock reservation at The Peddler Steakhouse in Boone, NC.  I most definitely approve of this place!

Considering it was our Anniversary, I didn't feel it would be appropriate to be taking pictures... But I did find this picture online, and it is the EXACT meal I had!
So, I chose Teriyaki Steak with a baked potato, and it was amazing.  I'm not usually a big steak person, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one, and took most of it home for lunch the next day!
For dessert we had a Tollhouse Pie with ice cream! And decided to most definitely come back for dessert very soon, because there were so many that sounded amazing...

After dinner we went back to his dorm and did presents!
Guys, he did so well :)

The first thing he got me is the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2016, because as you all found out in my Disney Announcement, I'm going to be going at the end of this year!  He also chose to get me this, because we have spent hours now, on multiple occasions, cuddled up in Barnes and Noble as I explain to him all the ins and outs of Disney!

Also on one of our Barnes and Noble dates, which are some of my favorites, he read this kids book to me! So he bought it for me, to read to our kids one day :)

The third thing he got me is Honey by Marc Jacobs.  We were just walking through Ulta one day when I pointed out that I thought this perfume was super cute and I really liked it.  I had no idea he'd go back and get it!  But it made me super happy!

The final thing he got me probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense, so let me tell you the story behind it... Earlier this summer I'd went running with one of my friends up our road.  We were about two miles from the closest house, with no cell service, and look off the side of the road to see a mama bear and her two cubs staring straight at us...  We had to turn and sprint away until we couldn't run anymore and by the grace of God found cell service so we could call someone to pick us up!  Since then, everyone has made fun of us for being scared saying that they see bears around here all the time!  Well let me tell you, seeing them two miles from civilization is much different than seeing them in a zoo or from the window of your house.  Maze is one of those people that has made immense fun of me, so to continue he bought me Bear Repellant Spray!
...Which I hope I never have to use.

He probably did the best with presents that he ever has! And definitely beat me this time!  I got him a Beatles shirt, CD, 3D Abby Road Shadow Box Picture, and Yellow Submarine Contacts case.  
After doing presents we hung out at his dorm for a little while, and then he took me home!

Overall, it was an amazing night! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...