Skip to main content

Disney 2014: Days 6-7

It is officially one month until I leave for Disney!  So in honor of that I thought I would do as I did in my original Disney Announcement and give you a sneak peek into my trip from last year in preparation for this one!

Disney 2014: Day 6
9:15 a.m.
Magic Kingdom is hard to get into... so we just now got in.  You have to take a tram from the parking lot, a boat from the ticket center, and then go through the bag check! It is a solid 30 minute process!
This morning for breakfast I has one Hot Fudge Sundae pop-tart, and one Strawberry (me and Elijah traded!)
Today I am wearing pink mesh Danskin shorts with a black Mickey Mouse tank-top, sequin Minnie Mouse ears, Tiva sandals, and my Magic band, with a Tinker Bell bun!

10:50 a.m.
This morning so far we have ridden Space Mountain, Goofy's Barnstormer, Dumbo...

 and The Little Mermaid!


Now we are in Gaston's Tavern!

 We decided to have a La Fous Brew, which is basically overprice apple juice, but I think it's worth it! 
It is apple juice and toasted marshmallow flavor that is an icee consistency, with Mango Passionfruit foam!


They had this humongous oversized chair that our whole family could have fit in if we wanted to!  But you know Gaston, he must overcompensate! 

It was amazing... 
We tried to ride Winnie the Pooh earlier, but it broke down... so they gave us free fastpasses! Not even mad!

12:16 p.m.
Just got off Pooh!

Now we are headed to the Mad Tea Party!

1:12 p.m.
Lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe!
I had a Rustic Chicken Sandwich with fries, and today was my "birthday" so they gave us a huge cupcake! At Disney they say Birthdays can be celebrated 365 days before or after the actual date, so needless to say we have eaten a lot of cake...
I apologize for my disgusting appearance...

Look at the tiles on the floor in the Grand Floridian!
Everything there is just perfect...


3:40 p.m.
Mickey's Philharmagic! After lunch we rode the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and did Enchanted Tales with Bell.
It was a really 


5:22 p.m.
"It's a small world after all..."

8:41 p.m.
Since It's a Small World we have ridden The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and 
Now we are in line for our spot at the Dessert Party on the Tomorrowland Terrace! The dessert party is a special event where they feed you crazy amounts of sweets, while you watch the Wishes Fireworks from a perfect spot with a completely unobstructed view!

This was my first plate of dessert... Yes, I said first

And the colorful castle right before the fireworks!


10:45 p.m.
Just finished the Dessert Party! Time for some more rides!

12:45 a.m.
We JUST NOW got on the boat to leave the Magic Kingdom... After the party we rode Pirates of the Caribbean with a fastpass, and The Jungle Cruise and Aladdin's Magic Carpets with no wait! We rode Space Mountain, but it had a slightly longer wait.

2:30 a.m.
Sleep... it's a good thing 


Disney 2014: Day 7
9:30 a.m.
So... the parks opened an hour and a half or more ago, but we decided that after last night we couldn't handle another full day AND night like that! So we slept in a little.

11:19 a.m.
We are now on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom! After yesterday our thoughts on the whole ferry boat were "piss on that" to quote my father, Ha!
Today my family decided to wear our red matching t-shirts and tank-tops with pirate Mickey heads on the front! They are custom made by my Mom's friend. I am also wearing my black Danskin shorts, with my Tivas, Magic Band, and a pony tail with and accent braid.

11:45 a.m.
We just sat down for lunch at Beast's Castle at Be Our Guest!  I had wanted to eat here so badly, but the reservations were all taken!  Mom and dad worked their tales off, and didn't tell me when they finally made a reservation. They did this as a surprise for me, and told me this morning!
It is insane what you have to go through to get in here! We had reservations (and also had to pre-order), so we just had to wait in a little line.
 It is like a ride! There is a fastpass and standby line! 

For lunch we all split a turkey and a ham sandwich (which weren't just ordinary sandwiches, they were amazing!) and four orders of fries. 

But dessert was the awesome part! We had a triple chocolate cupcake, and two cupcakes with "the grey stuff", and it really was delicious!

The chandeliers and ceiling of the restaurant 

The windows were so cool! It looked like it was dark and snowing outside!

And of course, Beauty and the Beast!


2:19 p.m.
We are waiting for our Peter Pan fastpass while Elijah is playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom!
Its a card game where you find different animated portals around the Magic Kingdom and fight Disney villains!

Since lunch we have ridden The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Splash Mountain...
(Look at mom trying to hide!)

 and Peter Pan all with a Fastpass, and then the Philharmagic with no wait!

4:22 p.m.
Waiting in line for the Haunted Mansion! We made an extra fastpass, but it still has been a longer than expected wait!

5:25 p.m.
Dinner at Ohana's! 
It is an all you can eat set up where they bring you steak, pork, and shrimp on skewers, a plate of honey BBQ chicken and pork potstickers, a plate of lo mien noodles and cooked vegetables, and lettuce wraps. 


For dessert we had some kind of banana bread with ice cream. 

It was all amazing!

7:00 p.m.
We literally have eaten so much that we didn't possibly think we could survive walking around in a hot park... so we came back to the room for a little nap, and then back at it!

9:25 p.m.
On the monorail in route back to the Magic Kingdom! They had a surprise announcement earlier today to say they would be staying open an extra hour! So now we can ride until 1 a.m.!!

9:50 p.m.
In line to see Tinker Bell!
I know it is a little kid-ish kind of thing to wait in line to have your picture taken with characters, but I love her! And I had a Peter Pan book that I wanted her to sign to give to my little girl one day :)


11:16 p.m.
We have ridden Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and The Little Mermaid with a fastpass, Goofy's Barnstormer with no wait, and are now in line for Pooh!

2:13 a.m.
On our way back to the hotel... after Pooh we rode Big Thunder Mountain TWICE, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Aladdin's Magic Carpets! Now, we are just about killed!

3:29 a.m.
Goodnight all :)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I do too! I will be going at the beginning of December, so be sure to check back then for posts similar to this! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I wouldn&

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha