Skip to main content

Ipsy September + Past Hightlights

So I finally took the dive, and bought an Ipsy subscription!  I have enjoyed watching these videos for years, but could never bring myself to go ahead and buy it, but I'm so excited I did!
First of all, can we talk about how incredibly cute this bag is?  It is a metallic brown pleather above the zipper and on the back, and below the zipper is textured.  I thought is was so cute, that I used it as a clutch on my Anniversary!

So the first thing I received on the far left is First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  This is a very thick unscented hand cream, which will be great for Winter!

The second thing I received was Elizabeth Mott Queen of the Fill tinted brow gel.  I was really excited about this, because I've never tried a brow product before, but I have been wanting to!  Sadly, because I don't pluck or wax my brows, they were very thick and dark to begin with and the thick brow look did not work for me...

The third thing I received on the far right, is Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Primer Style Prep.  This is basically a heat protectant, for sleek (I'm assuming meaning straight?) styles.  I have been using this, and haven't noticed a huge difference in my hair, but it smells amazing! It is almost a spicy, fruity, fall kind of scent! Really unexpected, yet very pleasant!  My only complaint with this product would be that it had leaked all over everything else during shipping...

I also received this eyeshadow from a NYX and Ipsy partnership, that can't be bought in stores!  I have really been enjoying it.  It has a champagne light brown that is very shimmery, a medium brown color with a bit of glitter, and finally a soft black.  These colors are very pigmented and buildable. 

The final thing I received J. Cat Beauty #MOTD Waterproof Slide on Pencil for Eyes in Bronze.  It is a very smooth and pigmented pencil that is made to last for the whole day!  Though I have quite a few pencils in this color already, it's nice, so no complaints.

Finally, since I have been slack and not shown you my July or August bags, I thought I would show you the highlights from both!
In July I received this cloth, almost tie-dye bag, that fit the "Summer Lovin" theme quite well!  My favorite product from the month was Octavio Molina Hair La Playa Salt Spray.  I have tried the Not Your Mother's Beach Spray before, and I like this one a lot more!  It has a good hold, and a very salty beachy smell.  I have found it works best on dry hair, and does well reviving tired curls and scrunched hair.

In August I received this black and white bag that has almost a vinyl texture, which I was too crazy about.  My favorite thing by far in this bag was the Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eye Liner Pen.  I have tried eyeliner pens before, and tried winged eyeliner before, and neither have ever really worked out... until this!  This glides on so smoothly, lasts forever, yet when you make a mistake, easily wipes off!  This is probably my favorite makeup item I've ever had!

If you want to see me use many of these in an unsponsored routine check out my Get Ready with Me: Anniversary post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Beach Bag Essentials

I thought it would be fun to show you all what I keep in my beach bag while we are at the beach! So the first thing we need to address is the bag.   You need one that is functional, as well as cute, don't think only about the cute factor!   My mom has one that I borrowed for my beach trip earlier this summer that functions as a bag on top with a cooler on the bottom!   This is simply a canvas Del Sol bag, but it sure gets the job done! The first thing I find absolutely necessary at the beach is reading material!   This year I brought the second book in the Seafina series, as well as a set of James Patterson’s “book shots” called Kisses at Midnight.   I love reading, but I so rarely have the time to devote to a book.   The beach is the perfect place to finish them all! If books aren’t your thing then try something a little lighter with a magazine.   I carried these two around all week and never cracked them open because I was so into my books, bu