Skip to main content

Get Ready With Me: Anniversary


So my Anniversary is actually on a Monday, and that Monday just happens to be his mom's Birthday as well, so needless to say, we chose another day!  We celebrated on Saturday, October 3rd, and it was absolutely amazing!  But if you want to know more about it, you will have to check back on Wednesday to see my entire day...
I started out the morning by taking an early shower so I could shave my legs and apply lotion in time for it to dry and soak in.  I also did this because I wanted to curl my hair, so my hair needed to bee good and dry.  My hair doesn't usually curl well fresh and clean, so after i got out of the shower I applied a texturizing product (which I will mention later)

After I got out of the shower I decided to paint my nails.
I chose to paint them French Tips with just a basic white nail polish, and covered it with my new Sinful Colors topcoat which I received in a recent VoxBox
I did my toes the same way!

While my hair continued to dry I began my makeup!
For my face base I used Prestige Primed and Ready Primer
My Foundation is Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous in 110 creamy natural, and it is one of my tried and true favorites!  I applied it using a basic flat Avon foundation brush.
I used Covergirl liquid concealer as my under eye concealer, also in Creamy Natural.  I dotted this under my eyes using the same foundation brush.
As my blemish concealer, I used Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer in light (which works amazing considering it's made to cover tattoos!) and just applied this using my fingers.
For my powder I used Covergirl oil-control pressed powder, in buff beige, and applied it using a fluffy kabuki brush.

I applied my NYC Sunny bronzer lightly, using a fluffy bronzer brush, along my hairline and temples, as well as under my chin, and down my neck to blend my fading tan.
My blush was a Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Natural Rose, which I applied with an angled elf blush brush.  Because the rest of my makeup was going to be pretty bold, I decided to go easy on the blush and bronzer

My eyeshadow was pretty basic, with a bold cat eye!
My base eyeshadow was the light brown (brandless) one on the right, it is a very light slightly shimmery champagne color that I love.
Next, I used my Milani gold eyeshadow in Belle Gold on the outer half of my eye
Finally in the outer corner I used an Estee Lauder eyeshadow in Mocha Cup, it is a light brown/grey color that gives a very soft smokey eye (I didn't use the pink eyeshadow in the pallet)
Moving on to my eyeliner, I used NYC Unforgettable nude eyeliner on my lower lashline
On my upper lid I did a bold cat eye using Starlooks Pro Luxe Longwear Eyeliner pen in black, which is my current favorite!  I received this in an Ipsy bag sometime in the past few months.  I sealed the eyeliner with elf makeup setting spray.
For mascara I used a Covergirl basic black illuminating mascara
I also, very lightly since I had a bold eye and lip, filled in my eyebrows with Elizabeth Mott Queen of the fill, which I also received in an Ipsy bag!  I don't pluck or wax by eyebrows, so they don't need a whole lot of help being bold as it is.

On my lips I used Revlon HD Gladiolus lipstick, which I received in my fall Walmart Box
In the center of my lips, to darken them up so the red wouldn't be as harsh, I used Hikari lipgloss in Merlot (also received from Ipsy!).
The same Milani eyeshadow which I used on my eyes, I dabbed on the center of my lips for a little shimmer and to make my lips look bigger.  It works wonders!

And this is the completed makeup took!
(Minus the lips)
So, you are probably wondering why my hair is in pigtails... but that is actually how I find that it is easiest to curl my hair!

As I said earlier, while my hair was still wet I used Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray to add some texture and help the curls stick.
Before beginning the curl my hair I used Garnier Fructis Sleek Primer Style Prep Heat Protectant, which I received in a recent Ipsy bag
After these first two products I began to curl my hair with a Revlon Curling Wand!
After the curling was complete I COATED my hair in Big Sexy Hair hairspray before letting it down from the pigtails.
After letting it down I smoothed any frizzies with Marc Anthony Argon Oil, which I also received in a recent Ipsy bag (I promise they aren't sponsoring this post,  I have just really enjoyed using their products!)
Finally, I added a few more curls to even things out and added yet ANOTHER layer of hairspray!!  My hair barely moved all night...

And this is the completed look!
If you can't tell with the cat eye, red lipstick, and big curls, I was going for the "Old Hollywood" look, to go with my white dress!
The dress is by Guess, and is a tight ruched dress with a sweetheart top and a high sheer lace neck.  The back (which I wish so bad I'd gotten a picture of!) is a low "V", where the lace gaps, and then rejoins to button at the nape of my neck! 
My shoes are wedge booties from Rue 21

And this was my adorable date for the night!

If you want to know what we did, check back on Wednesday for the full story!

Finally, a little present sneak preview... They couldn't possibly have been more perfect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!