Skip to main content

Last Minute Halloween Costume: A Darling Deer

So it is Halloween, and you still haven't chosen a Halloween Costume.  Or maybe, you decided last minute to go to a party.  Regardless of the reasoning, this is a super simple costume, that is also super cute, and dirt cheap!

In all reality, you could get away with spending only a $1 on this costume, the antlers.  Mine came in a two pack from the Dollar Tree.

Though the makeup is a bit difficult to see, if you scroll to the bottom there is a close up.  Basically, what this consists of is your normal, everyday makeup with some polka dots and a brown nose!

For the Spots...
The goal is to look like a super cute newborn fawn that still has it's spots. 
You can create this subtle look by using a shimmery champagne eye pencil to draw the dots, as well as a champagne eyeshadow (it can be shimmery or matte, as long as it's lighter than your skin tone) to set the spots.
I placed three spots on each cheek, and three in the middle of my forehead, but this is a very versatile costume, and you can do the spots however you like!
Eye Pencil - Wet n' Wild Idol Eyes pencil in 130 Pixie

For the Nose...
For this piece of the costume you want to create this adorable little button nose.
I did this by taking a bronzing stick and rubbing a thick layer over the tip of my nose and both sides.  I then used my finger to apply a bronzing powder over the bronzing stick, darkening it and setting it in place.
Bronzing Stick - Wet n' Wild 3 of a Kind in 730
Bronzer - NYC Smooth Skin in 720A Sunny

For the Eyes...
When doing your eyes, you can go as extravagant or simple as you desire.
The basics consist of using a smudgy dark brown eyeliner along your upper and lower lash lines,  and slightly winging it out.  Following that, you will want to curl your lashes and apply ample amounts of mascara.  Keep in mind, you are going for that wide eyed "deer in the headlights" look!
Another option would be to add a champagne or gold toned eyeshadow to your eye lids to brighten your eyes, or adding white eyeliner along your lower lashline for the same effect.  If you would like something more bold, you can go the route of a more dramatic wing, or even a double wing, because why not, its Halloween!
Mascara - Covergirl Illuminator
Eyeliner - Avon in brown

For the Lips...
You are going to want to finish off with (moisturized) red lips!
Lipstick - Covergirl Smoochies in 220 #textme


For my outfit, I wore khakis, a brown scoop neck t-shirt, and tan cami, my cowboy boots, and, of course, my antlers!

There are so many things you could do with this costume, and so many different variations you coup play around with.  A few examples would be...
  • Couples Costume - If you wanted to be a super cute country couple, have your man wear all camouflage or hunters orange.  He can be the hunter, and you are his perfect little darling deer! 
     (Bonus points if he let's you paint his face... this was from two years ago for Halloween when we were Duck Dynasty characters!)
  • Best Friend's Costume -  Ever heard the sayings "Oh Deer" or "Holy Cow"?  Why not mesh them together into a costume!  Have the cow wear angel wings and a halo, and the deer attach the word "Oh" somewhere to their outfit.  My friend and I were planning on doing this this year, but the party we were going to fell through :(
  • Christmas Twist - When I walked into the daycare where I work dressed as a deer, I can't tell you how many times I heard the question "Are you Rudolph??"  ...Umm, is my nose red?  Is it Christmas? No. But it could be it you want!  You could easily use a red blush stick or lipstick on your nose instead of brown, put christmas lights in your hear, or wear a festive scarf!


And a little bonus...
Look at these adorable Frankenstein cupcakes I made for Halloween!

I hope you all have a safe, and fun Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received