Skip to main content

The Universal Packing List

This is an awesome website that makes your packing list for you!!  
You enter in:
  • The date you leave for vacation and the date you are coming back
  • The min and max temperatures for where you are goin
  • Your gender
  • Who you are traveling with (babies, toddlers, etc.)
  • How you are traveling
  • Certain activities you will be doing
  • The size of your bag
  • And a few other details about you
After you have all of this put in it spits out a general packing list of things you should bring and why you should bring them!

This is what my screen looked like after I entered in my info:

And this is the list it gave me:

Things to do before you leave

To do for most trips

Wash the dishes 
Pet Care 
Unplug electrical stuff 
Turn down (or up, depending on where you live) the temperature in your home 
Memorize PIN codes to credit cards and your phone's SIM card 
Memorize the PIN code to your phone's SIM card 
Check out what hospitals are covered by your health insurance 
Install or recharge batteries 
Get maps 

Clothes

Unisex clothes

Underwear 
Shirts 
T-shirts 
Shorts 
Socks 
Trousers ( Pants, Jeans ) 
Cap ( Hat ) 

Clothes for women

Bra 
Skirt 
Sarong 
Tights 
Stockings 

Shoes

Sandals ( Flip-flops ) 
Training shoes 

Optional clothes

Belt 
Raincoat 
Umbrella 
Swimming trunks ( Bikini ) 
Pyjamas ( Pajamas ) 
Slippers 
Beach pants 
Jewelry 

Money and documents

Basic documents

Insurance certificate ( Health Insurance card ) 
Cash 
Credit/ATM cards ( Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard, American Express etc ) 
Driver's license 
ID card 
Address list (with phone numbers and email addresses) 

Optional documents

Notebook 
Notepad 
This packing list 
International Student Identification Card ( ISIC ) 
Tourist organization certificate 
Calendar 
Envelopes 
Business cards 
Hotel and car rental vouchers 
Membership cards 

For carrying money and documents

Wallet 
Paper folder 

Maps

Small scale map 
Large scale map 

Books

Novels 
Guidebook 

Equipment

Things for packing

Backpack ( Rucksack ) 
Backpack rain cover 
Small extra backpack ( Knap sack, Day pack ) 
Small box 
Suitcase 
Luggage belt 
Luggage tags 

Eating equipment

Bottle opener 
Thermos 

Miscellaneous equipment

Poker cards ( Playing cards ) 
Earplugs 
Sunglasses 
Keys 
Extra car keys 

Hygiene

Hygiene

Toilet bag ( Bathroom bag, Necessaire ) 
Razor 
Shaving gel ( Shaving foam ) 
Electric shaver 
Mirror 
Toothbrush ( Electric toothbrush with charger ) 
Toothpaste 
Toothpicks 
Shampoo 
Styling gel ( Hair gel ) 
Deodorant 
Towel 
Sunblock lotion 
Contact lenses ( Contacts ) 
Container for contact lenses 
Lens cleaning liquid 
Extra glasses 
Reading glasses 
Lip balm ( ChapStick ) 

Hygiene (women only)

Make-up / Make-up remover 
Sanitary napkins 
Tampons 
Menstrual cup 
Womens specific medications 

Hygiene (optional)

Comb 
Hair brush 
Barrettes, headbands, hair ties 
Detergent ( Laundry soap ) 
Sink plug 
Moisturizer 
Hand sanitizer 

Health

General health items

Prescription medicine 
Condoms 
Insect repellent 
Water bottle 

Pills, tablets and medicines

Motion sickness tablets 
Birth control pills ( Contraceptive tablets ) 
Fever tablets 
Pain killers 
Allergy pills ( Anti-histamines ) 

Electrical stuff

General electrical items

Cell Phone ( Mobile Phone, Cellular Phone ) 
Charger to Smartphone/Cell Phone 
Multi Power Outlet 
Alarm clock ( Travel alarm ) 
Computer 
Watch 
Flashlight ( Torch ) 
Bookmark reading light 
Extra batteries for your camera, flash, torch, watch, MP3-player and GPS 

Camera equipment

Camera 
Memory cards 
Film 
Extra lenses 
Flash 

Camcorder equipment

Camcorder 
Charger for camcorder batteries 
Video tapes 

Generic photo equipment

Camera bag 

Music items

Music player ( Cassette, CD, MiniDisc, MP3 ) 
Headphones 
Music media ( Music cassettes, CDs ) 
Microphone 
Headphone 'doubler' plug 

Water stuff

Basic equipment (even for non-divers)

Beach towel 
Inflatable air mattress ( Floating mattress ) 

A very basic list, but it is a good start and a good one to build off of!! 
I am pretty sure this is where my packing list started off. I put all of my information into "The Universal Packing List" and then I have spent the past two years perfecting my ever evolving list! After every trip I take I am able to remove items I didn't use, and add items I wish I would have had :)
Click here: http://upl.codeq.info/ to got to their website and create your own!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I wouldn&

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received