Skip to main content

College Countdown: Dorm Haul

So this obviously isn't every single thing I bought for college... Doing a post like that would be ten miles long!  These are some of the more stand out, good deals, or cute things I bought!

Walmart

  • Hamper - A nice, durable, super pretty one that my mom bought me for Easter
  • Shower Caddy
  • Hand Towel - A pretty yellow one that matches my room from the kitchen department
  • Washcloths 
  • Hangers - Just the cheap plastic ones, I think they work as well as the felt ones everyone loves!
  • Bowls and Cups - Just cheap plastic ones, I wasn't looking for durable and long lasting, it's college!

  • Comforter - I fount this set on sale after the dorm craze last year and I was so extited!  It was EXACTLY what I wanted, and came with sheets, the sham, a baby pillow, and the comforter.
  • Jersey Sheets
  • Mattress Pad - I found a 2.5 inch thick foam one also on sale, and for only $40!  That's a great deal compared to the price they are most places
  • Heated Mattress Cover - This was also on sale for only $15!  So much excitement!


  • Plastic Drawers - Finally from Walmart I got these little plastic drawers, as well as a large set, and then decorated the clear drawers with yellow tacky paper from Target! Let me know if you want a DIY on this

Target

  • Laundry Bag - It was just a cheap one from Target's (amazing) dollar section, but it is huge!  I can fit so much in it to lug home with me!


  • Glass Jars - See the glass jar in the middle?  I found a set of four in the Target dollar section!  One is currently holding paper clips, one with bobby pins, and one with hairbows
  • Brush/Pencil Cups - Also from the Target dollar section!
  • Cupcake diffuser - It is one of the scent diffusers, it doesn't really smell like cupcakes though... More like fruity alcohol truthfuly 
  • Umbrella

  • Blanket - The blanket is one of the soft minkey ones, and it has a big landscape scene with a sign that says "Journey," in all shades of grey, it is perfect!
  • Bedside Caddy - It is actually currently full of desk supplies and hanging at the end of my bed, but it is useful and came from the Target dollar section!

Ross


  • Gray Pillows - These came is a double set for like $13, I love them! 
  • Lights - I think these are technically supposed to be Garden lights, but I made a faux headboard with them instead!
Broom

TJ-Maxx

  • Step stool - My roommate actually took this one over, but it is sturdy and works well!


  • Under Bed Storage - This bin is amazing... I found it on sale, it matched my room perfectly and is stain resistant! It currently stores my snacks.

The Container Store


  • Trashcan - This was not a smart purchase... Much too small

  • Letter Organizer - Or Makeup Pallet organizer...
  • Flower Cup - I use this to store my tea!

Vera Bradley


  • Backpack - Apparently this pattern is now retired, and I was able to get it for only $30!  It is huge and has tons of storage pockets, I love it!


Amazon

  • Lighted Makeup Mirror - I am used to very bright lights in my bathroom at home, so I knew the dorm room lighting would be a struggle...  This provides a nice amount of light, though not natural at all.  It has worked well enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...