Skip to main content

College Countdown: Dorm Tour

I think I finally got my side of my dorm to look how I want it to this year, and I am absolutely thrilled with it!


I chose the colors yellow and grey, which isn't what I'd usually pick, but I've been thrilled with the way it turned out!  I'm not going to mention where every little thing is from, if you want more information on that you can check out my Dorm Haul I posted earlier this week, but I will do my best to hit he highlights!

First I will start off with my desk area.  From right to left I keep my makeup in the drawers I DIYed, my makeup mirror from Amazon, my desk organizer filled with legitimate desk things, as well as more makeup and makeup brushes, my tea station with my chip mug and honey, my textbooks, and finally my sticky notes and Ray Bans!

The wall above my desk I turned into sort of a gallery wall!  It has been a process to get all of this up, because anything even semi heavy continues to fall down!  From top to bottom: I picked up the canvases at a big garage sale they have during Welcome Weekend here on campus, the yellow one is covered in flower fabric, and then I added the Minnie Mouse Ears (It has since fallen again and broken things on my desk...).  The pink one is Lilly Pulitzer notecards modpodged onto the canvas, and I plan to buy my Initials to put in the middle!  I'm pretty sure I bought both for like $1.50... Below those in the middle is a Disney print, and then surrounding it are my baby cork boards!  I had these small cork boards in an 8 slot picture frame, but it was too heavy, so I took them out, covered them in washi, and hung them as is!  In the middle is a sign my best friend got me, and to the right are my necklaces.

This is my favorite part of my room by far... My comforter we actually found on sale at Walmart after the college craze last year!  I was super excited.  Above the head of my bed I made a sort of makeshift headboard with bulb lights from Ross, my canvas with "Family" in 10 languages from Disney, and my Chinese fan from Disney!  On the wall beside my bed I decided to string 4x4 pictures I printed out, and mix in disney quotes my mom wrote for me.  In the middle are pennants from the dollar section at Target, with my name! 

I also love the under of my bed... From right to left I have a pretty bad to keep food in, my under bed storage box from TJ-Maxx which stores the rest of my food, two baskets, one of which store cups, the other stores lotion, all of which is sitting on storage bins I draped with the sheet set that came with my comforter to make it look pretty!  On the far left end I have a three drawer set from Walmart that I DIYed, that stores everything that didn't have another place.  In the front you can see my Ottoman from Roses where I store my towels, sitting on top of our rug which we also got from the big campus sale! 

Beside my bed I've turned my dresser into a kind of bedside table.  On top I store my Bible and other books, part of my jewelry, and my perfume!  On the level above that on my windowsill I have some little plants, my marquee letter "A" which I painted, and a cute little sign from Kohl's!

As you can see, I DIYed my dressed with washi tape to cover the rough edges.  I did the same thing to my desk drawers as well!  I love washi tape...

We actually have a very nice walk in closet... On the left I have a command hook with my purses and one further back with my shower wrap.  On the right I have a hanging cube organizer filled with various things, and above my clothing we have a shelf that wraps around the entire closet! Below my clothes in the floor I have my hamper, boots, and tennis shoes

It also came with a built in shoe rack, which I was thrilled about, and shelves above where we store things like cleaning products and DVDs.  You can also see a little glimpse of the hanging cubes from this angle.


Finally, you can see my in typical college wear cheesing in a mirror we also got from the big campus sale!  On the left side of the mirror are my Disney pins and the entrance to our closet, and to the right is my keys and the door out in the hallway!  Also to the left is our sink area, but it stays kind of cluttered so I decided not to picture that.  
I also did not take any pictures of my roommate's side of the room because I didn't want to invade her privacy or make her clean her side for no reason.  He side is primarily grey and blue, so we coordinate but not match.  She also has these amazing African tapestries hanging on her wall that she brought back from Kenya, and I will show those at a later date if she doesn't mind.

Thank you all so much for visiting my dorm, and make sure to come back tomorrow and Saturday for the final two College Countdown posts!
I will link below the rests of the posts in this series


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!