Skip to main content

College Countdown: Dorm Tour

I think I finally got my side of my dorm to look how I want it to this year, and I am absolutely thrilled with it!


I chose the colors yellow and grey, which isn't what I'd usually pick, but I've been thrilled with the way it turned out!  I'm not going to mention where every little thing is from, if you want more information on that you can check out my Dorm Haul I posted earlier this week, but I will do my best to hit he highlights!

First I will start off with my desk area.  From right to left I keep my makeup in the drawers I DIYed, my makeup mirror from Amazon, my desk organizer filled with legitimate desk things, as well as more makeup and makeup brushes, my tea station with my chip mug and honey, my textbooks, and finally my sticky notes and Ray Bans!

The wall above my desk I turned into sort of a gallery wall!  It has been a process to get all of this up, because anything even semi heavy continues to fall down!  From top to bottom: I picked up the canvases at a big garage sale they have during Welcome Weekend here on campus, the yellow one is covered in flower fabric, and then I added the Minnie Mouse Ears (It has since fallen again and broken things on my desk...).  The pink one is Lilly Pulitzer notecards modpodged onto the canvas, and I plan to buy my Initials to put in the middle!  I'm pretty sure I bought both for like $1.50... Below those in the middle is a Disney print, and then surrounding it are my baby cork boards!  I had these small cork boards in an 8 slot picture frame, but it was too heavy, so I took them out, covered them in washi, and hung them as is!  In the middle is a sign my best friend got me, and to the right are my necklaces.

This is my favorite part of my room by far... My comforter we actually found on sale at Walmart after the college craze last year!  I was super excited.  Above the head of my bed I made a sort of makeshift headboard with bulb lights from Ross, my canvas with "Family" in 10 languages from Disney, and my Chinese fan from Disney!  On the wall beside my bed I decided to string 4x4 pictures I printed out, and mix in disney quotes my mom wrote for me.  In the middle are pennants from the dollar section at Target, with my name! 

I also love the under of my bed... From right to left I have a pretty bad to keep food in, my under bed storage box from TJ-Maxx which stores the rest of my food, two baskets, one of which store cups, the other stores lotion, all of which is sitting on storage bins I draped with the sheet set that came with my comforter to make it look pretty!  On the far left end I have a three drawer set from Walmart that I DIYed, that stores everything that didn't have another place.  In the front you can see my Ottoman from Roses where I store my towels, sitting on top of our rug which we also got from the big campus sale! 

Beside my bed I've turned my dresser into a kind of bedside table.  On top I store my Bible and other books, part of my jewelry, and my perfume!  On the level above that on my windowsill I have some little plants, my marquee letter "A" which I painted, and a cute little sign from Kohl's!

As you can see, I DIYed my dressed with washi tape to cover the rough edges.  I did the same thing to my desk drawers as well!  I love washi tape...

We actually have a very nice walk in closet... On the left I have a command hook with my purses and one further back with my shower wrap.  On the right I have a hanging cube organizer filled with various things, and above my clothing we have a shelf that wraps around the entire closet! Below my clothes in the floor I have my hamper, boots, and tennis shoes

It also came with a built in shoe rack, which I was thrilled about, and shelves above where we store things like cleaning products and DVDs.  You can also see a little glimpse of the hanging cubes from this angle.


Finally, you can see my in typical college wear cheesing in a mirror we also got from the big campus sale!  On the left side of the mirror are my Disney pins and the entrance to our closet, and to the right is my keys and the door out in the hallway!  Also to the left is our sink area, but it stays kind of cluttered so I decided not to picture that.  
I also did not take any pictures of my roommate's side of the room because I didn't want to invade her privacy or make her clean her side for no reason.  He side is primarily grey and blue, so we coordinate but not match.  She also has these amazing African tapestries hanging on her wall that she brought back from Kenya, and I will show those at a later date if she doesn't mind.

Thank you all so much for visiting my dorm, and make sure to come back tomorrow and Saturday for the final two College Countdown posts!
I will link below the rests of the posts in this series


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...