Skip to main content

A Month Full of Concerts + OOTD

So in the past two weeks I've been to more concerts than I generally go to in a year... It has been glorious.  

The first concert I was lucky enough to attend was the Avett Brothers! 
In case you've never heard them, this is probably their most popular song right now.  They have a very folk feel.
 

My boyfriend bought us tickets since they were coming to Appalachian State University, and it was so good!  They are a very Appalachian kind of band, it fit well.

As far as the OOTD, I had to wear flannel, It was just necessary for an Appalachian Folk band. I had to go "hipster."
My Tank Top is from American Eagle
My Shorts are from Hollister
My Flannel (which was worn around my waist most of the night) is from Rue 21
My Shoes are Sanuk Yoga Mat Slings
As for Jewelry I have my FitBit, My Disney Alex & Ani Bracelet, and a simple triangle necklace from Target


We had an awesome time, and as you can see, the flannels were a must!

Pause to admire this gorgeous sunset I found on my way back home later in the week...

A week later on a Thursday I was sitting in class looking at the Appalachian yard sale page, when Zac Brown tickets happened to pop up.  She was giving them away, but I was second in line to get them... She happily gave them to me instead when I offered her $20 for both!
So two hours later, my roommate and I were on our way the two and a half hours to Charlotte North Carolina!

This is by far my favorite song of their's right now

It was the most impromptu thing I have ever done in my life.
I loved it... But wow.
I forgot to take an OOTD picture for this concert because it was so spur of the moment, but you ca get a bit of a sense of it in the pictures.
I wore a Crop Top and High Waisted Shorts, both from American Eagle
You can't see my shoes, but they are brown strappy sandals from Ross
As for Jewelry I wore my wrap watch from Bass, my Alex & Ani mentioned before, Earrings from Silver Works in Downtown Disney, and of course my Ray Bans!


It was truly one of the greatest concerts I have ever been to!  It was so fun, they sang their music, as well as the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jack and Diane, and The Who.  I did not stop dancing, and I really didn't want them to stop singing, they were so great!


We came back from the Zac Brown concert late Thursday night.  Friday morning I got up, went to class, did homework and then left for Charlotte once again!  This time, all by myself... I don't like traffic.
For what you may ask?  
To spend the weekend at Wingate University with my best friend, and for a BRAD PAISLEY concert!!  

This is the highlight of the whole two weeks.  The Zac Brown concert was the most exciting I've ever been to, but it doesn't get any better than Brad.
This probably isn't my favorite song of his (there are just too many to choose from...) but this was the tour theme!


He is just so goofy, you have to love him.
And I did remember to take a picture for this concert!
My off the shoulder shirt is from American Eagle
My Overalls are from Walmart... Super cute, crazy right?
My Boots are from a store in Pigeon Forge
As for accessories, at this concert I wore my Alex & Ani, a leather cuff bracelet, and my triangle Target necklace!



For dinner before the concert we went to Cheesecake Factory... I think you can gain weight from just looking at these pictures.
I had a burger with a ball of fried MAC AND CHEESE on top, and covered in cheese sauce!  So good, heart attack on a bun.
For dessert Kaitlyn and I split a dutch apple cheesecake slice, and a peanut butter slice laces with caramel, Butterfinger, and Reeses cups... They were amazing.

Brad played bits and pieces of as many of his songs as he could fit in, he "Facetime-d" Carrie Underwood to sing "Remind Me", he sang with recordings of Demi Lovato and Andy Griffith, he came in to the crowd and was so close I could have touched him!  It was just so great, I love that man...

The past two weeks for me have just seemed like the epitome of what college life is portrayed as in the media: nonstop fun, unlimited money to pull it off, and amazing friends to be with.  I definitely don't have unlimited funds, and I would be buried in homework if I did this all the time, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  All I have left from the concerts are ticket stubs on my wall, but I can't wait to look at these ticket stubs years from now, and remember how I kicked off my first year as an Appalachian student.


If you want to see where I got the inspiration for some of my outfits as well as others, check out my Country Concert Lookbook! 
Also, if you want immediate updates as exciting things like this happen, follow me on social media!
Personal Instagram - www.instagram.com/bethanyallen15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Disney 2014: Days 6-7

It is officially one month until I leave for Disney!  So in honor of that I thought I would do as I did in my original Disney Announcement  and give you a sneak peek into my trip from last year in preparation for this one! Disney 2014: Day 6 9:15 a.m. Magic Kingdom is hard to get into... so we just now got in.   You have to take a tram from the parking lot, a boat from the ticket center, and then go through the bag check! It is a solid 30 minute process! This morning for breakfast I has one Hot Fudge Sundae pop-tart, and one Strawberry (me and Elijah traded!) Today I am wearing pink mesh Danskin shorts with a black Mickey Mouse tank-top, sequin Minnie Mouse ears, Tiva sandals, and my Magic band, with a Tinker Bell bun! 10:50 a.m. This morning so far we have ridden Space Mountain, Goofy's Barnstormer, Dumbo...  and The Little Mermaid! Now we are in Gaston's Tavern!  We decided to have a La Fous Brew, w...