Skip to main content

Country Concert Lookbook

Early this fall I will be going to a Brad Paisley AND an Avett Brothers concert!  So when I found out King Ranch Saddle Shop was looking for inspiration when it comes to country style I had to share my ideas!  It is the dog days of summer, with hot days and cool nights here in the mountains, so I tried to create looks to fit all weather and styles!


Sassy
 For the budding flower child who needs to show a bit of a wilder side and have fun for the night!   This is a crop top and basic jean shorts, which could be subbed for light wash ripped skinnies if the venue is going to be cooler (which is actually what I wore to a Flogging Molly concert last fall!).
Crop Top: American Eagle
Shorts: Hollister
Flower Crown: Claire's


Sweet
 This is for the sweet girly girl who still want to show their country side.  It is a simple white lace top dress, to which I have added a red flannel for those cool Summer nights.  The flannel could be tied around your waist during the day, or substituted for a denim vest if you don't think it will be too chilly!
Dress: American Eagle

Flannel: Rue 21


Country
When better to go all out country than a Brad Paisley concert??  When else would it be appropriate to wear daisy overalls and boots?  To tone down the country look just a bit I added an off the shoulder shirt, which draws the eye up.
Overalls: Walmart believe it or not!
Shirt: American Eagle


Boots
The only thing I didn't mention throughout the post is the most essential part of your country concer get up... The boots!  Mine are from an obscure discount store in Pigeon Forge Tennessee, and though I have gotten a good five years out of them, truthfully they are beginning to look a little rough...  I am really lusting after some of the cowgirl boots from the King Ranch Saddle Shop website.  Cute and well made, those are your goals when buying boots!  
And don't worry guys, they have some cowboy boots for you as well that would look amazing paired with a flannel, jeans and a white tee shirt!

See the writing on the bottom of my boots?  I may have stolen this idea from Pinterest... It is a list of concerts the boots have been worn to, like a walking ticket stub!  But on the picture they had they only listed the country concerts they'd been to, and I chose to add the Folk and Irish as well!  I also went ahead and added my Brad Paisley and Avett Brothers concert coming up this Fall so you all could get a good idea of what this DIY looks like.  I thought this was a pretty cool idea and love that I can just use the bottom of my boot as a reference!

Let me know if you all have any concerts coming up or if you use any of theses ideas, and have a wonderful end of summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...

January Nibblr Subscription Box

So after searching around on  My Subscription Addiction  for a subscription box to try out for free or on the cheap to see if I liked it, I found this Nibblr box from the Pillsbury company! Upon opening my box, I found a tray of four, healthy, portion controlled snacks. Each month they send you four snacks at random, until you begin to personalize your account.  You can personalize your account by selecting "Love it, Like it, Interested, or No Thanks".  All snacks begin marked "Interested", and after trying them you may mark them otherwise.  They will then try to send snacks marked "Love it" and "Like it" more often, and avoid sending the ones marked "No Thanks". The first snack on my try was "PB Graham" It is described as "peanuts, peanut wafers, and graham cookies snack mix", and falls into the "Feel Good Sweets" category. Just a note, Nibblr CAN NOT cater to food allergies, and from wha...