Skip to main content

Ipsy: June

My June Ipsy bag!  
Probably my least favorite part of this bag... was the actual bag.  It's quite ugly, but the products are good for the most part!

This Be a Bombshell lipgloss in Secret is ok… It’s a nice brand, so I’m not mad at it, it just isn't my favorite.  I put it on and it had almost a concealer like tint instead of the pretty pinky nude in the tube.  I have used it since and if used with a lighter hand, it's ok.

I love this Formula X nail polish by Sephora in Wingwoman!  It is such a nice dark pink/red color, and it didn't chip!  Do you know how hard it is to find a nail polish that doest chip on me?

This Three Tone "Bronzer" by Crown Brush is ridiculous... It looks like little kids play makeup.  It has a strip of bronze, a strip of pink, and one of a "highlight," and as soon as I took it out of he box the packaging fell apart.  I didn't even bother trying it, I just listed it on a swap website.

But this Urban Decay eyeshadow in Fireball makes up for the bad bronzer!! I haven't ever gotten an Urban Decay product from Ipsy and I'm super excited.  This is a beautiful peachy gold color and I have been obsessed with using it!

This is the Everything Balm by Delectable Cake Beauty.  It have ever used Aquaphor, this is basically the exact same thing, but it tastes like cupcakes.  It says it can be used for lips, to moisturize skin, repair cuticles, seal split ends, and brighten dark circles.  I'm not mad at this, it just isn't my favorite.

Overall this was a pretty great bag!  I got some pretty great amazing brands, and only one product I really disliked, I'd say this was a success!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Etsy Haul: KP ( aka "chicken skin") Products

So have you ever heard of KP?   This is short for Keratosis Pilaris, and is more commonly known as "chicken skin."  They are the small, red, hard bumps they generally appear on your upper arms or thighs, but can happen just about anywhere!  It is generally an incurable genetic condition, so multiple people in a family will suffer from it at varying degrees.  Well, my family is one of those.   Now before you start a "Go Fund Me" page for this horrible medical condition, let me say, these bumps are totally and completely harmless.  The biggest hit usually comes to a person's self esteem when they wear sleeveless tops.  It is nothing to be embarrassed of, and if you are comfortable with it, then good for you!  You are more confident than I am, and I applaud you.  Because, and I'm going to be real with you here, I am pretty self conscious of it... It is generally recommended to use gentle lotions and to use a body scrub maybe once a week to help cle