Skip to main content

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Filling, Cream Cheese Icing... Enough said ;)

I made these for my dad's and my friend's Birthday a few weeks ago (If you would like to see the post where I talk about that click here) and everyone loved them! They are probably my favorite cupcakes that I have ever made :)



Dark Chocolate Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter

2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup buttermilk*

*If you don't have buttermilk, add 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice to 1/2 a cup of milk and let sit for  five minutes

Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line a 12-cup cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
  • Melt the Butter and Chocolate together in the microwave. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
  • In a medium sized bowl, toss the Cocoa Powder, Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt together until thoroughly combined and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, whisk the Eggs, Sugar, Brown Sugar, and Vanilla together until smooth. 
  • Add the cooled Butter/Chocolate to the Eggs/Butter/Sugar and whisk until smooth. Add half of the Flour mixture and Buttermilk a little at a time and mix. Repeat until everything is added. Stir until just combined, DO NOT overmix! 
  • Divide the batter between the cupcake liners. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

Peanut Butter Filling

Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons of Butter
1 cup of Peanut Butter
1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoons of Vanilla

Directions:
  • Combine the Peanut Butter, Vanilla, and Butter using a hand mixer.
  • Begin adding Powdered Sugar a little at a time until it reaches a thick consistency, kind of like Peanut Butter Fudge. you may use more or less Powdered Sugar than called for in the recipe.
  • Once the Cupcakes are cool use a knife to cut out the center of the cupcake. Once you have the middle out, cut off the edge and set aside.
  • Take a Tablespoon (more or less) of the filling into the center of the cupcake. Grab the edge piece you sat aside and place on top of the filling, covering it up.

Cream Cheese Icing

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), room temperature

16oz of cream cheese (2 packages), room temperature
4 - 6 cups of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract


Directions...
  • Cream together the Cream Cheese, Butter, and Vanilla using a hand mixer. Mix until there are no lumps left and is completely combined.
  • Begin adding the Powdered Sugar little by little until it reaches the right consistency. Once again, more or less powdered sugar may be used depending on your preference, taste as you go. ;)
  • Frost the cupcakes!
  • I sprinkled mine with chocolate sprinkles after they were frosted, I thought it looked pretty :)

I think they turned out pretty well! If I do say so myself ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Pigeon Forge Girls Weekend!

Day 1, Sunday 7:20 p.m. Surprise, I'm in Pigeon Forge for a mini vacation!  My best friend in the entire world, Kaitlyn, and I left after church this morning. We wanted to spend a few nights together before college begins, and we live hours and hours apart... We just arrived at our cabin, and we thought since it was in a gated community it would be pretty close together and accessible... No. We are in the middle of nowhere up an itty bitty winding road, but it's really pretty inside and out! Heads up, I got lazy and did not actually take these pictures, I stole them from the cabin's website...  This was our bedroom, it was supposed to be a honeymoon cabin, but it worked for us! Loft/Game Room with it's own private balcony  The downstairs with the kitchen, dining room table, and living room!  The hall beside the kitchen led to our bedroom, the laundry room, and bathroom. See the hot tub?  We spent a LOT of time in that Also,