Skip to main content

Guest Post: DIY Desk Calendar

This week I had the pleasure of hosting my friend Anina for a guest blog post!

Anina is a freshman at NC State studying graphic design, she loves to bake, and travel!  I have known her throughout Middle School and High School, and I have loved watching her grow flourish in terms of herself, as well as her Blog and Youtube channel! Hang around until the end of the post for all of her links, and I hope you all enjoy!

DIY Desk Calendar  


What You’ll Need:

Small, wooden box

White paint

1 sheet of patterned paper

Ruler

3 small C-hooks

13 White gift tags

Modge podge

Watercolors & brush

Pencil

Scissors

Metallic paint



Directions:

First, take the lid off of your box. You won’t be needing it. Then paint your box white. If you found a box that was already white, you can skip this step. 



While waiting for your box to dry, decorate the 13 gift tags with water color. You can do this however you want, but I put a strip of color on the bottom of the tags, and then made a sort of gradient by adding more water at the top. Once the tags have dried, flip them over and do the same thing to the other side of the tags.



The set the tags aside to dry for a bit longer, and grab your box. Measure the interior of your box and then draw a corresponding rectangle on the back of your patterned paper and cut it out. Then put a layer of modge podge on the bottom of the box with a paintbrush. Then lay your paper on the bottom of the box and smooth out any wrinkles (credit cards are great for this). Then add a layer of modge podge to the top of the paper. Let that dry for about 15 minutes.


Next divide your dried tags into piles of 6, 2, and 5. The first pile will be the month, the second pile will be the day’s first digit, and then third pile will the day’s second digit. Then paint (you may also draw with a regular pen or a paint pen) the following on the tags (front/back): Jan/Feb, Mar/Apr, May/Jun, Jul/Aug, Sep/Oct, Nov/Dec, 0/1, 2/3, 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/0.


Next place three tags into your box evenly spaced. Use the tags as guides to make three marks on the ceiling of the box for your c-hooks. Then screw the c-hooks into the top of the box. You might have to pull out your big muscles for this job as it can be quite tricky.


Finally, hang your tags on the hooks and admire the beautiful calendar you just made!


Set it somewhere where you can admire it everyday and never forget what day it is! Enjoy!

Personal Instagram: www.instagram.com/aninavdv
Etsy Shop Instagram: www.instagram.com/smalltownncetsy

And if you would like to see my post on her blog check it out here!

I hope you loved hearing from her as much as I did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...