Skip to main content

Birthday Trip: Days 3 and 4

Day 3

8:05
So… I totally fell asleep last night without saying goodnight. But on the bright side, for as bad as I slept night before last is how amazing last night was! Now we have to hurry and get ready so we can make it to breakfast at Paula Deen's!
Today I am wearing:
Flannel from Rue 21
Jeans from American Eagle
Sperries
Not sure about the scarf or headband...


9:45
Just arrived at Paula Deen's for breakfast!

10:50
I think I am dying…
This is probably my favorite thing, and it isn't even technically one of our dishes!
Yum Cinnamon rolls...

We had chicken and waffles, eggs, bacon, hash brown casserole, bacon, bananas foster french toast, and biscuits and gravy!

And look how pretty Mom's tea was!



12:00
Tangers time!

4:05
I am so done with shopping… But we did get cupcakes!
We picked out a Christmas tree, cookie dough, classic cheesecake, and turtle.


5:25
Headed back into Dollywood! I haven't been feeling so great so we rested at the room a bit, but now let's go!
We saw Christmas in the Smokies! It was really sweet!

I saw these in a shop we went in, they are candles!! Aren't they so cool? I want to eat one!

Please tell me you get this reference?  Andy Griffith??

So after the parade a man made a comment that the masses of people following the final float resembled the zombies on the Walking Dead... We found that quite funny...

A freezing family selfie!

9:30
Just got back from Dollywood, now we are headed to go eat!

11:15
We ate at Cheddar's for dinner, and though it was pretty good it took forever! For what it was, it wasn't exactly worth an hour wait. I had baked potato soup and a Caesar salad.

12:10
So apparently I got pretty beat up in Dollywood... I have these on both legs!

But anyway, goodnight!

Day 4

11:30
We woke up around 8 this morning (look at that, we slept in!) and started getting ready to leave… It makes me super sad, but I guess it will be good to be home! 
I forgot to take a formal picture, but today I am wearing:
Shirt from Rue 21
Leggings (from earlier in the week) also from Rue 21
Not sure about the scarf...
RayBans!

Before leaving we visited the shop at the resort, and it was so cute!!

Check out my haul tomorrow if you want to see what I bought!

Gotta get in a game of checkers before we go!

A few more resort pictures... 
This is like the quick service restaurants at Disney!  It had a bakery, deli, and Starbucks!

The front porch... I love it1

Each room in the lobby had names, isn't that adorable?

The gorgeous Christmas Tree 

Ignore the people... But see the picture behind the front desk? It moves and changes! 

A view of the outside from the road

And the sign as we leave...

But today we are going to Gatlinburg and to Ripley's Aquarium!




I know the picture on the right is horrible quality... but the diver is dressed as a elf!

Ahh!! Shark attack!

The underwater tunnel...







This is Ricky... He is just thrilled to be here



So, I kind of figured these horseshoe crabs were just going at it... Actually, the one in the front is the female, and the two behind her are males who are just lazy and have hitched a ride. Typical...





3:15
We just arrived for a late lunch at The Melting Pot! The aquarium was so fun!

 We did three courses, cheese, salad, and chocolate!
For the cheese we just did basic cheddar, with garlic and beer.  I got a caprese salad, and it was really good! Isn't it pretty? 

And they made me a Happy Birthday out of Ghirardelli chocolate and raspberry!  I ate it, and it was amazing.

For chocolate we got s'mores, which was milk chocolate with marshmallows flambéed on top and graham cracker crumbs!  You can't really see the flames in this picture, but I promise they are there! 


5:40
We just left Gatlinburg and oh my gosh it was so crowded… There is a parade tonight, that we had no interest in going to, and everyone from three states has crowded in it seems like! Now we are going to make another stop or two in Pigeon Forge, then head home!
We went to the Christmas Store and it is sooo pretty, I love going here every time we are in Pigeon Forge!


7:05
Time to go home…

8:10
Never mind, we stopped at at book store! I got the cutest Great Gatsby phone case and Peter Pan socks!!

And found this note in the bathroom, there were two actually, and they were super sweet!


So I actually forgot to say goodnight again, but I have a good reason!
We got home late, and come to find out our Christmas tree had been on the verge of falling when my grandfather tied it to the wall to try and keep it up.
So here is my father, whole top half stuck in the tree, trying to help tie and tighten it to keep it up...
Gotta love him :)

Thank you all for coming along on this trip with me!
If you would like to see Days 1 and 2 check it out here.
And if you would like instant updates check out my blog Instagram at instagram.com/summertimesweety and personal Instagram at www.instagram.com/bethanyallen15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...