Skip to main content

Ipsy: August

As far as past Ipsy bags go, this one was just so-so.  The products that were good were really good!  But then again, the products that weren't my favorite weren't awful either.  There was only one thing I'm just totally not going to use.  So those aren't bad odds!

Isn't this an adorable bag?  They have been doing really well lately on their bags! I love the ombre, the glitter accent, and the tassel zipper was a really nice touch.

These are Face Food masks.  I always prefer makeup to masks and skin care, but I'm not upset about these because they are cream instead of sheet masks, which I'm not into.  One is a strawberry yoghurt brightening mask and the other is kiwi yoghurt revitalizing mask.  They feel and smell exactly like flavored yogurt, which I think is honestly really cool!  The packaging is also super cute!

This is the Aurora Pro Color Correcting Concealer in Pistachio.  I never did get into the whole color correcting craze, and though I have tried a few different products it just never really worked well for me.  So that's to say, I wasn't super crazy over this product.  I don't have color correcting marked as something I was interested in on my survey, and I gave this a poor review, so hopefully I can avoid these from now on.  

This is an eyeshadow from theBalm Cosmetics from their Balm Voyage Vol. 2 collection in the color Kuwakaribisha.  Don't ask me to pronounce whatever that is...  This is a really nice champagne shimmery color!  I always love theBalm eyeshadows, and this one did not disappoint.  This is the perfect all over lid color to use as a base, and I will be using it frequently!

This is the Air Repair Super-Hydrating Eye Cream.  Though eye creams aren't something I am in love with or use too frequently, it is something I would potentially like to get into to save the area around my eyes in the future.  The only other product I have like this is also from Ipsy, but it is very light, so this will be nice for the winter months.

This is a Pacifica Coconut Blush duo in Beaming and Tenderheart. This is probably one of the nicest products I've ever gotten in a Ipsy bag.  A full sized Pacifica makeup product?  One of these blushes retails for $12 and I got two!  These are extremely pigmented with a really nice and lasting color payoff.  The darker one actually almost looks like a bronzer and I had been using as such (up until now I guess!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

2018 Recap Part Two (August-December)

(If you missed Part One, January-July, you can find it here! ) August We kicked August off with a bang and dove right into another vacation, this time to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!  We started our trip with another aquarium, and a few nights at this gorgeous little Bed and Breakfast in Manteo. While there we also had the opportunity to see The Lost Colony outdoor Drama.  I highly recommend, it was amazing! But be warned, Manteo breeds a different kind of mosquito than everywhere else, and they WILL just pick you up and carry you away! My mom and I were just dying to see the Ocean even though the island we were currently on was landlocked and Dad had just told us to be patient and wait until we got to our Condo a few days later.  We didn't listen, and after shopping one night we took the car down to a public entrance to see the sunset and feel the sand between our toes.  It did not disappoint!  Until I got squared by a wave... Decisions regretted, Ou