Skip to main content

Popsugar: Girls Night Out

So come February the three month Popsugar subscription I received for Christmas ended, and I was so very sad...  Around Valentines day I was scoping their site hoping for a good sale on the boxes to extend my subscription and I couldn't find one!  Instead, I found these!

This is the Girls Night Out popsugar box!  Around Valentine's Day they released two boxes, Girls Night In and Girls Night Out, which were a compilation of items from past boxes.  I went onto the site hoping to order the Girls Night In, but they were sold out... Honestly, the Girls Night Out box was my last choice of what to order.  I was looking for either an affordable March Box or the Girls Night In, but ended up with this, and after seeing what was in mine compared to the other two, I could not possibly be happier!  This is by far the best Popsugar box I have ever received or even seen spoilers for!

Let's start with the most underwhelming item from the box, this Knock Knock compact mirror from the June Box.  Not the most exciting thing ever, but it was still cute and I have gotten a little bit of use out of it.  On the outside it says “Are you ready…” and on the inside mirror it says “for your close up?” This retails for $7.

Now onto the more exciting things… This is a Cargo blush in the color The Big Easy from the August box.  I have really been loving this product!  I was afraid it was going to be too light (and if it is too light for me then it would be for anybody…)  but it was actually really nice!  It has a really nice color payoff and all my worries were for naught. This blush retails for $26 (crazy...).

I could believe it when I saw the Henry Bendel label!  I knew Popsugar had nice brands in their boxes, but this is insane!  Needless to say this gorgeous brown and white striped umbrella with its pink accents quickly took the place of my Target dollar spot umbrella…  Now I can walk around campus in the rain looking like the basic rich bi*** that I most definitely am not!  This item came from the October Box and retails for $58 (even crazier!).

This is the Lalicious Bath Oil and Bubble Bath in the scent Brown Sugar Vanilla, and it is also from the October Box.  The sugary vanilla scents are my absolute favorite, and this one does not disappoint.  Are you allowed to describe a body wash lather as soft?  Because that is the only descriptor I can think of for this one. It is so nice and luxurious!  It also only takes a tiny bit to create a ton of bubbles, so this is going to last quite some time!  This Bubble Bath retails for $28.

Ok, so the eraser isn’t actually in there because (1) the box was broken, and (2) I was excited to try it so I didn’t bother trying to put it back in.  This is the mini size, and guys, if you haven’t tried it then I highly recommend.  It is super soft, so you just dampen it a little bit and within one swipe your mascara is gone!  I use it mostly to take off eye makeup, so I will go about a week before washing.  This is the coolest concept, I want to know who figured this out! This item is from the October Box as well, and retails for $12.  As I said, this is the mini and is quite small but efficient; it also comes in original ($20, seven color options), jumbo ($40), gloves ($35), and a "Pocket Pro" ($25).

This Kendra Scott bracelet was another brand I was shocked and excited to see in my box!  This bracelet is beyond gorgeous and I have been wearing it pretty much on the daily.  It is also adjustable so it will fit almost any wrist, no matter how big or small, which I think is amazing!  My wrists are so tiny I can never find bracelets that don’t simply fall off.  This one is perfect! This retails for $50, and is from the November Box.

This is the Stowaway Cosmetics palette in Dawn to Dusk.  I hadn’t ever heard of this brand before, so I had to look them up.  The idea behind this palette is that every other eyeshadow palate is generally very large.  This one was specifically designed to be the size of a credit card, so it can easily fit in a clutch or your makeup bag for travel.  Let me tell you, I have been using this thing like crazy!  The colors are beyond perfect for me.  It consists of six shimmer shades and two mattes.  The mattes don’t have the best color payoff, but they are pretty buildable.  The rest are perfect! This is also from the November Box and retails for $26.

This is the Winky Lux lipstick in the shade Bunny.  You may remember, I received this in my December Box, but gladly it was only the repeat product!  The color is gorgeous, and I still use my original one often, so I will just have to gift this one to someone else who I know can give it some love! This retails for $14.

This is a Smith and Cult nail polish in the color 1972, which turned out to be this gorgeous rose gold that I have been totally obsessed with.  When I first pulled this out of the box I assumed the cap was dented, which seemed odd because they always package their products so well, but apparently it is just a trademark design of the brand... Hmm, who knew?  Regardless, this is the perfect year round nail polish shade, and I was so excited to get it!  This retails for $18, but I was unable to figure out what box it came from...

Overall, I could not be more excited about this box and will definitely be on the lookout for the next time they do a compilation of items from past boxes!  Did you all order one of these?  What did you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!