Skip to main content

Packing List

If you all have been around here for a while you know that I used to post packing lists all the time... Like, once a month almost!  I looked at my "Universal Packing List" I had listed one day and realized it was in desperate need of an update definitely NOT universal!  I recently posted a college packing list, but that still isn't really the same thing as just a vacation packing list!  I needed a new one of those!  And that, my darlings, is how we arrived back here, at my original inspiration for creating my blog, the packing list.

This one is in no way "universal," but it encompasses a lot of things that I like to have and make me comfortable while I'm on vacation.  I dan't pack all of this every time, and to be honest if I do pack it all there is always something I end up not using, but I was happy to have it regardless.  So keep in mind, these are just my suggestions!



Toiletries
These are my favorite things to pack, I always pack so much more than I need though!  Just for reference,  I can generally fit almost all of this in one of the hanging cases with pockets that roll up.
  • Teeth
    • Toothbrush
    • Toothpaste
    • Mouthwash
    • Floss (but let's be honest, if I'm not flossing at home, I'm not flossing ofn vacation...)
  • Hair
    • Bring whatever hair products you use on a normal basis, try not to bring too many “Just In Case” things.  I would bring things like Mousse, Hair Spray, Leave-in Conditioner, and Dry Shampoo.
    • Wide-tooth Comb
    • Brush
    • Hair Straightener/Curling Iron/Blow Dryer
  • Body Lotion/Aloe
  • Perfume
  • Skincare products
    • Oil Blotting Sheets
    • Makeup Remover Wipes
    • Toner
    • Facial Wash
    • Facial Scrub
    • Face/Eye Cream
    • Spot Treatment
  • If needed, Contacts, Case, Solution, and/or Glasses
  • Deodorant
  • Q-Tips
  • Shower Gel
  • Body Scrub
  • Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Bath Pouf
  • Razor and Shave Gel
  • If you use any of this on a regular basis… Nail File, Nail Polish Remover, Nail Clips, and Colored Nail Polish.  Don't bring it if you don't normally use it!
  • Medication, over the counter and prescription
  • Emergency Kit (pack things like bandaids, ice packs, gauzes, alcohol swabs... easy fixes for minor injuries.)

Makeup
I always pack too much makeup...
  • Base Makeup
    • Primer
    • Foundation/BB Cream
    • Spot Concealer
    • Under Eye Concealer
    • Powder
  • Cheeks/Contour
    • Bronzer
    • Highlight
    • Blush
  • Eyeshadow (Maybe try to stick to one palette you can get multiple looks out of instead of many individual eyeshadows.) 
  • Eyeliner
  • Mascara
  • Lips
    • Lipbalm
    • Lipgloss
    • Lipstick
  • Tools
    • Brushes (Foundation, Blush, Contour, Powder, Eyeshadow, etc.)
    • Tweezers
    • Eyeliner Pencil Sharpener 


Clothing
  • Bras (Bralettes/Bandeaus, Strapless, etc. depending on the clothing you packed.)
  • Panties, always pack extra of these!  You can never have too many!
  • Fuzzy Socks (A personal necessity for me! But I guess you could also pack normal ones...)
  • Pajamas 
  • Baseball Cap/Sun Hat depending on where you are going and/or your style.
  • Shoes (Sandals, Tennis Shoes, Boots, etc.)
  • Bathing Suit/Cover up
  • Workout Clothing (If that is your thing…)
  • An outfit for each day of the trip with items that can be mixed and matched so you can keep your suitcase as light as possible.  If it makes you more comfortable pack one extra outfit, but try to stick to only one!
  • A dress if you are going out somewhere nice one night.
  • A Belt

Other
  • Electronics
    • Laptop and Charger
    • Phone and Charger
    • Earbuds
    • External Phone Battery and Cord
    • Camera
  • Planner/Pens/Stickers
  • Book(s)/Magazines
  • Blanket and Pillow
  • Sunglasses
  • Wallet
  • Purse
If you ever want to find this post again it will be resuming its rightful place at the top of the page under the header "Packing List."  I hope this helped you all out and gave you an idea of what to pack of your next trip.  Happy travels!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I wouldn&

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!