Skip to main content

Popsugar: February

The February box is my last one from the three month subscription I received for Christmas, and though that is very sad, we went out with a bang!  I loved every single item in this box, which is an amazing feeling, and I have been so excited about using them all!
First of all, can we notice how much cuter than normal this is?  Look at all of the crinkly stuff!

This candy bar from Chuao Chocolatier is literally heaven in your mouth... It says it is a Cinnamon Cereal Smooch Chocolate Bar, so, Cinnamon Toast Crunch?  My favorite cereal??  I approve.  The retail on this says $6, but I saw this brand at Biltmore going for around $8, which seems a bit steep for chocolate to me... But I guess we are talking about fancy chocolate here!

This is the Tribe Alive Foldover Clutch in the pattern Atitlán Brocade.  It is reversible, so if you fold it the opposite direction you basically have a brand new clutch, and it is gorgeous either way.  It is hand woven, and the Tribe Alive brand partners with artisans around the world who hire impoverished women at fair-trade wages to give them access to safer jobs.  I love products like this that have a cool story behind them, and putting it in this box was a great idea to get their name out.  Good job Tribe Alive!!  This retails at $98 on their website.

This is the Juara Skincare Candlenut Body Creme.  If you will remember, a Juara face mask was my present in the December box for joining, so apparently this brand has a very good relationship with Popsugar.  I wasn't disappointed by the face mask, and this lotion is just as great!  It has a very subtle almost coconut-y smell and even though it is thick it soaks into your skin in the best way.  This retails for $35 on their website, but can be find a little cheaper other places online (Jet.com, Amazon... around $27).

This is probably the item I was least excited about in my box, but if I could figure out how to wear fake eyelashes I would be all about these Battington Monroe 3D Silk Lashes.  I mean, look at the packaging for these, they are gorgeous, and the eyelashes are so soft.  Since these are silk you can reuse them up to 25 times, which I think is really cool.  These retail for $28 on their website.  Can somebody teach me how to do this so I can wear them without looking like a crazy person?



I am obsessed with this dainty little necklace!  It is by Kris Nations Jewelry and is the Love Script Necklace.  It has an 18K Gold overlay, and I think it lives up to the "Pretty Little Things" name on the back.  Also, can we just take a moment for the cute little vial?  I mean, come on.  It is all adorable.  This beautiful little necklace retails for $48 on their website.

Finally, the special extra this month was the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in the shade "Love is On."  You all know how I love my lipstick, and my favorite red is actually by Revlon as well!  So I know they are good.  This says it retails for $7.99 on the website, but you can get it a bit cheaper at Walmart or Target.

This box had a value of about $223, and as I have said before, even though I wouldn't pay that for most everything in here, I still love it and seeing the number makes me happy.  To be honest, the only product I didn't absolutely love was the lashes, but I still brought them back to school with me to see if there is some way I can make them work!  I was looking for another Valentine's or President's Day sale to order another few boxes, but they didn't really have one...  At first I was sad, but I decided to order the Special Edition Girls Night Out box instead (which you will see soon).  After receiving that box and then seeing spoilers of what is in the March Popsugar box, I think I made the right choice, I like mine way better!!  But I guess you all can decide for yourselves when I post it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha