Skip to main content

Clutch Essentials

It is Prom season!  I have been out of school for two years now so Prom isn't exactly a relevant thing for me anymore, but I miss it...  The picking out a dress and getting ready... I'd do that over and over and just skip the whole prom thing honestly!  It always seems like a mini wedding, and does it sound too self-centered to say I like the pictures and attention?

Anyway, I was packing my clutch for my Valentine's Date and  I thought, why not make this more fun?  Here are my absolute clutch essentials for an important night out!



  • Money and ID - You never know what kind of situation you could end up in where you are going to need actual cash instead of the oh so common card!  I always have cash with me just in case.  I also reccomend bringing your actual license instead of school ID, but I didn't want to show my license!
  • Blotting Sheets - I have a real tendency to get shiny and if you have a night full of pictures ahead, that is not flattering.  A quick trip to the bathroom with this thin pack of blotting sheets can fix that right up!
  • Hair Tie and Bobby Pins -  What if your intricate hairdo starts to fall out and you need to pin it back up?  Or your straight hair starts to curl up from hot sweaty dancing and you want to put it up out of your face?  These don't take up much space so they are necessary no matter what kind of thing you are going to or hair you have!
  • Hairspray - Once you've pinned your hair back up you need to spray it into place!  I hate hairspray, but the need for it with perfect hairstyles outweighs my hate...
  • Makeup Remover - No matter what kind of mascara I wear it always ends up coming down below my eyes, and that is not a hot look in my personal opinion.  I have just brought a couple makeup remover wipes in a bag with me before and that works well, but I thought these little q-tips filled with makeup remover were a really cool concept!
  • Band-Aids - What if your shoe rubs blisters on your heel?  What if your date falls and skins their knee?  You will be prepared to nurse them back to health!  Bonus points it your band-aids have Disney characters on them.
  • Fashion Tape - I always tape my dresses up top and I don't even have that much to hold in!  I want my clothes to stay in the spot that looks the best.  Even though that is something you'd usually do before you left the house I think it is important to keep a few strips and maybe some safety pins in your bag in case of an emergency.  One year at prom I had to tape and pin one of my friends back into her dress because it started ripping!
  • Pepper Spray - This is a necessity because I just never leave the house without it.  I have a couple bottle with one in each jacket pocket during the winter and in my wallet during the summer.  Better safe than sorry!
  • Lipstick and Chapstick - I always have to have chapstick with me, no matter where I am going, and the Prom will be no exception.  You will also need to bring the lip color you are wearing that nigh for touch ups after dinner and throughout the night!
  • Hand Sanitizer - Germs are yucky and are everywhere, and personally I do not like to associate myself with them...
  • Face Powder - This goes back to the whole shiny face thing, so you don't necessarily need both, but I like having them.  Just make sure if you bring a powder that it has some color and isn't translucent.  A translucent powder will wash you out in the ten million pictures you have to take on Prom night.
  • Mints/Gum - Let's say you have Italian for dinner, do you want to go around smelling like a clove of garlic for the rest of the night?  I think not!  You can get super small packs of altoids, it will be worth the space in your clutch. 
  • Tampon or Pad - Even if you aren't expecting it Aunt Flo can show up unannounced and unwelcome at anytime... I always suggest being prepared.  The U by Kotex click tampons are super compact but easy to use.  I highly reccomend them for small clutches.
As I said, these are my essentials, so there are always things you may want to add or take away!  I didn't mention things like your cell phone and keys, which are absolutely necessary.  You could also add things like a roller ball of perfume or other makeup to touch up with.  It it totally up to you!  Whatever makes you feel most comfortable for your amazing prom night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

2018 Recap Part Two (August-December)

(If you missed Part One, January-July, you can find it here! ) August We kicked August off with a bang and dove right into another vacation, this time to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!  We started our trip with another aquarium, and a few nights at this gorgeous little Bed and Breakfast in Manteo. While there we also had the opportunity to see The Lost Colony outdoor Drama.  I highly recommend, it was amazing! But be warned, Manteo breeds a different kind of mosquito than everywhere else, and they WILL just pick you up and carry you away! My mom and I were just dying to see the Ocean even though the island we were currently on was landlocked and Dad had just told us to be patient and wait until we got to our Condo a few days later.  We didn't listen, and after shopping one night we took the car down to a public entrance to see the sunset and feel the sand between our toes.  It did not disappoint!  Until I got squared by a wave... Decisions regretted, Ou